A mirrorless camera is better because it’s lighter, faster, and more compact. It is best for taking snapshots and also great for taking videos. However, you need to attach different lenses because it does not have a mechanical mirror that switches between the image sensor and the optical viewfinder. But despite this, mirrorless cameras are more preferred than other models.
Updated mirrorless cameras now come with enhanced autofocus and thus offer better results if you’re shooting videos. If you’re looking for your first mirrorless camera model or you’re making a switch from a regular digital camera to a mirrorless model, we have a few of the best in the market for you.
1. Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Kit
Editor’s Rating: 4.6 out of 5
The Canon EOS M50 is a mirrorless camera that comes with dual pixel CMOS AF to give you fast, precise autofocus and capture the moment fast. It comes with a 24.1 megapixel APS CMOS sensor and the enhanced DIGIC 8 Image Processor that enhances color, makes details clearer, and offers an improved range.
At the back is a variable angle touchscreen LCD, which has a tilt-range for an increased angle and low-angle shots. You will get to see all the mini details of anything as this comes with more than 2 million dots.
And when it comes to filing management, you can transfer photos and video files to your device using automatic image transfer features. You can connect this camera to a Camera Connect app to move the images to any device so you can print these or share them on social media.
- With Dual Pixel CMOS AF – this allows you to focus accurately on anything and capture the best shots.
- With touchscreen LCD – lets you check for angle and for low angle shots and lets you review and manage your photos.
- Automatic file transfer – you can move files easily from the camera to your device with ease.
- Camera Connect app – transfer images to a smart device and share it with social media quickly.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 24.1 Megapixel APS C CMOS sensor
- Digic 8 processor
- Vari-angle LCD in touchscreen
- With high-resolution viewfinder
- Camera Connect app
- EF M15 45mm
2. Sony Alpha A6600 Mirrorless Camera
Editor’s Rating: 4.9 out of 5
The Sony Alpha A6600 has the world’s fastest AF measured at 0.02 seconds using real-time AF and quick object-tracking. You’ll be using a 2MP APS-C Exmor sensor with LSI and ISO to 102 400. It comes with a wide 425 phase 425 contrast detection. This is capable of fast shots 11 fps in continuous shooting.
It offers real-time auto-focus tracking with real-time autofocus to capture action shots in vivid motion. It has a five-axis body image stabilization feature with faster shutter speeds. It is a handy mirrorless camera for shooting videos with an external microphone and headphone jack for expert audio monitoring.
- Fast autofocus features – faster autofocus lets you take your camera and capture images or anything that happens quickly with clear and error-free results.
- With wider contrast-detection – you will get better, clearer, and finer images with wide contrast.
- Comes with external mic and headphone jacks – you can record video with audio clearly so you can upload and share ASAP.
- AF at 0.02 seconds
- Real-time AF and easy object tracking
- With 24 2MP APS C Exmor sensor
- With LSI and ISO to 102 400
- Continuous shooting up to 11 fps
- AF Tracking
- 5-Axis image stabilization
- With headphone and microphone jacks
3. Sony a5100 16-50mm Interchangeable Lens Camera
Editor’s Rating: 4.3 out of 5
The Sony a5100 Interchangeable Lens Camera. It comes with a very fast autofocusing equipped with 179 autofocus points with 6 fps. With this mirrorless camera, you can capture images and all the action in amazing resolution at the 24MP APS-C sensor. It offers lens compatibility Sony lenses.
You can take share videos and images with ease to your smartphone using NFC1 or Wi-Fi. And when it comes to recording videos, you can make full HD 1080/24/60p videos to 50MB. This mirrorless camera is compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, Mac OS, and other versions.
- With very fast autofocus – you should be able to take videos and images fast with barely seconds to adjust.
- High resolution – you will have impressive image resolution with every dot and cell clearly distinguished.
- Easy file sharing – you can use Wi-Fi or NFC1 to share videos or images, or you can share with your smartphone for easy upload to your social media site.
- Fast AF 179 and 6fps
- 24-megapixel APS-C sensor
- Compatible with Sony E-mount lenses
- With Wi-Fi connect and NFC1
- Full HD 1080/24/60P video
- Up to 50 MB/s
- Compatible with Windows and Mac OS
- With rechargeable battery, AC changer, lens cap, and micro USB cable
4. Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera Body
Editor’s Rating: 4.7 out of 5
The Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera is a 30.3 MP full-frame CMOS sensor and a quick and efficient DIGIC 8 Image Processor. It comes with a dual pixel CMOS AF with more than 5,600 AF points that you can manually select. This is a 4K 30P mirrorless with the Canon log with a 10-bit 4:2: and 2 HDMI outputs. The outer cover is dust resistant and is also drip resistant. It is built with an EVF with more than 3 million dots. You will also easily check images and videos using the vary angle touchscreen LCD panel.
- With enhanced HDMI output – you will get improved high definition images and videos worthy of sharing.
- It is dust and drip-resistant – the body is very durable and will protect the camera components from dust and drips 24/7.
- With enhanced magnification – enjoy enhanced magnification for your photos and videos and still get impressively clearer shots.
- 30.3 MP full-frame CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8 processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS with more than 5,600 AF points
- 4K Canon log
- 2 HDMI outputs
- Vari Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 0.76 magnification and 50mm lens
5. Sony Alpha a711K Mirrorless Digital Camera
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5
The Sony Alpha a711K Mirrorless Digital Camera is a mirrorless digital camera with the world’s first body image stabilization with a 5-axis design made for a full-frame camera. This is a favorite camera that reduces blur, especially when you’re capturing images and moving videos. You’ll enjoy a 50 Mbps bit rate and an advanced XAVCS S21 format so you can record full HD videos.
The Sony Alpha a711K will let you shoot amazing images using the full-frame with 24.3MP resolution. It will prevent peripheral shading, image distortion, and chromatic aberration to give you the perfect video for any application. This is also a fast mirrorless hybrid with phase detection around 30% faster compared to the Sony a7. Finally, this is compatible with E-mount lenses as well as other camera adaptors.
- With body image stabilization – reduce vibrations and fine movements with this handy camera with body image stabilization.
- Images in full-frame – adjust images according to your preference, but you can view images in full-frame, especially when you want to emphasize a subject to your audience.
- Faster hybrid AF- this offers faster autofocus, especially when you need to capture something fast.
- 5-axis body image stabilization
- 50 Mbps bit rate
- XAVC S21 format for HD recordings
- 24.3 MP resolution
- Fast AF phase detection
- Will work with Sony E mount lenses and accessories
6. Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Kit
Editor’s Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Aside from its lovely, classy white body, the Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Kit enchants users with its dual pixel CMOS AF as well as its eye detection AF. Under the hood is a 24.1 MP CMOS sensor with 100-25600. Aside from capturing motion shots, you can also use this for recording action in slow motion. The 4K UHD 24P and the HD 120P is best to capture high-quality slow-motion videos. And to enhance the image and video file management and onboard menu and features use, this EOS has an OLED EVF using a touch and drag AF feature.
- With eye detection, AF feature – capture images and videos of real people using this camera and get fine details that you truly want to focus on.
- Can capture images and videos even in low lighting – don’t let low lighting affect your project, this camera will help you capture images no matter what lighting you have and especially during low lighting or low light areas.
- Can capture videos in quality slow motion – you can speed up or slow down; take advantage of this cool video effects, especially when you’re taking a video of sporting events, of live animals, and on the road events.
- With camera kit available – get everything you need in one kit from basic camera lenses, caps, filters, brushes, cloth and bag.
- CMOS AF, eye-detection AF
- 24.1 megapixel CMOS sensor
- 4K HDD 24P video
- HD 120P slow-motion video
- With OLED EVF and touch and drag AF features
7. Panasonic Lumix GH4 Body 4K Mirrorless Camera
Editor’s Rating: 4.3 out of 5
The Panasonic Lumix GH4 offers professional performance with moire suppression. This is a camera that will work under extreme temperatures at 0 degrees Celsius to 40 degrees Celsius. You can capture 4K 24p high-quality cinematic video and 4K video at 3840 x 2160 30p/24p. You will capture amazing motion or action videos in excellent high speeds at 49 areas autofocusing in video or photo. The body of this camera is a very strong magnesium alloy with highly durable shutter functions to deal with the rigors of professional photography use.
- The body can withstand operations in extreme environments – you can take this camera out and capture images even in the harsh cold and in extreme heat.
- Captures cinematic video – get cinematic video quality with this camera’s updated autofocus and enhanced speeds.
- High-speed focusing – you can capture or record videos in stunning quality with this camera’s high-speed focusing features.
- 4K 24p cinematic video 4096 x 2160
- 4K 3840 x 2160 at 30p/24p
- With 49 areas autofocusing
- With a magnesium alloy body
8. Nikon Z6 Mirrorless Digital Camera
Editor’s Rating: 4.7 out of 5
The Nikon Z6 mirrorless digital camera comes in a bundle that includes the camera, a Nikkor Z lens at 24-70mm, an FTZ mount adapter, a 120GB memory card, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, battery charger, filter kit, and a hard camera case.
This camera comes with a tilting touch screen and EVF for total control and seamless operation. You will also find it easier to look for the view you want with the convenient VGA viewfinder. This camera is durable and tough with a strong 5 axis VR image stabilization. And when it comes to filing transfers and connectivity, it has a built in Wi-Fi and convenient Bluetooth connectivity. You may also use the Nikon SnapBridge app for safer and easy file transfers.
- Comes in a complete bundle – this is a mirrorless camera on a bundle. This is a set that has everything you need from lenses, caps, cleaning cloths, brushes, and more.
- With tilting touch screen – the tilting touchscreen lets you keep tabs on your recording, especially when you’re concentrated on one subject.
- Easy connectivity – no need to use wires because you can transfer images and videos straight to your device using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- With complete accessories like lenses, lens caps, lithium batteries, filters, hard case, and more.
- 2.1 million-dot tilting display
- Touchscreen display
- With 3.6 M-dot VGA viewfinder
- Connects via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
9. Sony Alpha A6100 Mirrorless Camera
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5
The Sony Alpha A6100 Mirrorless Camera is known as the world’s fastest AF at only 0.02 seconds. This camera offers real-time autofocus and enhanced object tracking for better and more realistic images and videos. It has wider 425-phase and 425-contrast detection autofocus points. Under the hood is a 24.4 megapixel APS-C Exmore sensor that comes with a front-end LSI and ISO of 51,200. Shoot moving images in the clearest detail with up to 11 fps continuous shots. You can capture sports, animal shots, and other action shots with real-time AF tracking.
You also get clearer video recording with its built in mic, and with the 180-degree 3″ tiltable touchscreen, you can focus the camera in the best angles with total ease. Finally, it comes with Touch Tracking for smoother and more continuous tracking of your video subject. You can activate this feature with a simple touch of the screen.
- With real-time AF and object tracking – these are features that will be handy when taking action shots and moving shots.
- With better contrast and phase detection – you’ll get improved contrast and phase-detection for clearer, better, and more sophisticated images and videos.
- With improved continuous shooting – capture action shots and never miss a second with this camera’s improved continuous shots.
- With easy touchscreen LCD – the touchscreen LCD is perfect for checking your shots or videos and for overall feature management and file management.
- AF at 0.002 sec.
- 425-phase / 425-contrast detection
- 24.2 MP APS-C Exmor sensor
- Up to 11 fps continuous shots
- 24.2 MP RAW and AF/AE tracking
- With built-in mic
- A 180-degree tiltable screen at 3″
- With Touch Tracking
- With complete accessories
10. Panasonic Lumix G85 4K Digital Camera
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5
The Panasonic Lumix G85 4K digital camera comes with a 16-megapixel that couples with a no-low pass filter to boost the fine details and improve power to the camera’s different sensors. It comes with an interchangeable lens with 12 60mm lenses available. This offers enhanced image stabilization with 5-axis that will for taking videos and images anywhere. You can use the Live Viewfinder as well as the Flip LCD display so you can make excellent handheld photos despite very low light conditions. It can capture 4K video at QFHD video in 3840 x 2160. Meanwhile, the Lumix 4K photo plus the 4K post Focus will let you record videos at 30 fps.
- Boost fine details in images – you’ll be able to see the finer details in any image and thus improve your focus, whether you’re taking photos or videos.
- With an interchangeable lens –you can change and use other lenses in the Lumix line. There are several lenses available for this mirrorless camera.
- Dual stabilization – take action shots, nature shots, or moving shots with complete ease, just like a professional would do.
- With live viewfinder – the live viewfinder has made it easier to check everything from focusing your camera to checking for light and battery status.
- Capable of 4K video capture – this mirrorless camera lets you capture videos in stunning 4K quality, and this is one of the best video qualities to aim for.
- 16 megapixel
- Color temp setting from 2500 to 10000K in 100 K
- With mirrorless interchangeable lenses
- 5 axis dual image stabilization
- With Live Viewfinder
- With Flip LCD display
- 3-inch LCD display
- Can capture 4K video 4K QFHD recording
- Images at 30fps
What is the best way to Use a Mirrorless Camera
- Use a special camera cleaning cloth or lens tissue. You may use a microfiber cloth or a brush that usually comes with a camera kit or set. You may use an air blower but not a blower that blows compressed air.
- Use a strong and dedicated shoulder strap. Sling the strap over your shoulder or wrap it around your wrist so you can keep your camera secure. There are many options for camera straps and follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to use them.
- Use a lens cap. Whenever you’re not using your camera, cap the lens. This will prevent dust from entering the camera lenses.
- Keep a lens mounted on the camera to protect the sensor. If you must remove the lens, use a body cap. This is very sensitive and must always be protected.
- Remove the memory card only when the camera is off. Backup your images and videos regularly.
- Charge the camera before leaving. A full charge guarantees longer shoots and more fun.
- Always carry your device in a bag. Most camera brands come with a designated bag, so be sure to pack everything neatly inside.
- Are mirrorless cameras better than other digital cameras?
Mirrorless cameras work simpler in the mechanical point of view as the light passes through the camera lens to the image sensor, and the optical viewfinder is now replaced with a lighter and easy to handle electronic viewfinder. Mirrorless cameras are thus easier and lighter to take anywhere and thus better than regular cameras.
- What is the difference between a regular camera from a mirrorless camera?
Mirrorless cameras are lighter, compact, and faster, especially for taking videos. However, these cameras may lack accessories, lenses, and other attachments. Regular DSLR cameras have better lens action and will work better when it comes to shooting images and videos in low light; however, these are larger and bulkier cameras.
- Are lenses of a DSLR camera compatible with a mirrorless camera?
Yes, you can use the lenses of a regular DSLR on a mirrorless model. Mirrorless cameras are easier to take anywhere and will fit easily in your bag. Extra lenses may be taken with the camera anywhere you go because the camera bag will still be lighter than carrying extra lenses with a regular camera.
- How to choose a mirrorless camera?
To choose a mirrorless camera, pay attention to the image size and the image quality, and this is especially during low lighting conditions. Select a camera with an APSC or a full-frame image sensor. But if you need a smaller or lighter camera, then select the one with a smaller image sensor.
Pay special attention to the accessories and parts that come with your purchase. These add more value to your purchase because you don’t need to spend extra buying these accessories anymore.
The Canon EOS M50 is our top mirrorless camera, and this is because of a number of reasons. First, it has fast, precise autofocus, 24.1 megapixel APS CMOS sensor, and has enhanced color, image details, and range. Next, it has a variable angle touchscreen LCD with a tilt-range for enhanced angle and low-angle shots. Also, you can transfer photos and video files to your device using automatic image transfer and Camera Connect app to move the images to any device and share. If you also think that the Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera is also for you, check this camera out at this link.