If you are particularly inclined to that feeling of riding your motorcycle in the highway, chasing the busy horizon and weaving through complicated traffic, but oftentimes finding yourself disappointed because you cannot hold a conversation over the phone or listen to your favorite music, then there is no doubt that you need a motorcycle helmet speakers.
These types of speakers are designed to turn your helmet into an effective system of mobile communication. It is very safe to use and easy to setup. Whether you need to receive instructions through GPS, chat with your friends, or listen to your playlist while riding, a motorcycle helmet speaker will allow you to do all of these.
The challenge, however, is that there are a number of headsets that are currently available in the market. These brands offer different features, with some claiming to offer the best sound quality, and others, for their durability. Which features do you need to search for, and which ones offer the best value for your money?
In this guide, we have prepared a list of the best motorcycle helmet speakers out there. A guide for buying is also included, assisting you to make a wise and well-informed buying decision. Check this out!
Reviews of the Best Motorcycle Helmet Speakers in 2020
1. Sena 20S-01 Motorcycle Bluetooth 4.1 Communication System – Best Overall Motorcycle Helmet Speakers
Editor’s Rating: 3.5
- What makes the Sena 20S-01 an interesting option is that it offers both cost-effectiveness and technical brilliance. It offers a wide range of features, making it a good option. This speaker is not just attractive, but also a multitasking unit that can handle Bluetooth connectivity of up to 8 people simultaneously, within a range of up to 2 kilometers.
- Other features are also included. For example, it allows for easy connection through Bluetooth to any type of output device, using it to listen to audio instruction or play music. It also comes with FM functionality, making it a great all-rounder.
- This speaker may also be connected directly to your smartphone and can be controlled using pattern clicks or voice commands in just a single button. This feature is one-of-a-kind, making it a good investment.
- This speaker also comes with a universal intercom service, which provides the assurance that you can easily communicate even with non-Sena models through Bluetooth, provided that they are within 1.2 miles or 2 kilometers range. These speakers use Bluetooth 4.1 technology, enabling clear transmission of audio while offering audio reception that is both crystal clear and crisp.
2. Cardo Scala Rider PACKTALK –Most Advanced and Versatile Communication System
Editor’s Rating: 4.5
- The PACKTALK helmet speakers from Cardo Scala also uses Bluetooth 4.1 technology, which is also combined with the manufacturer’s DMC (Dynamic Network Communication) technology. With this feature, it offers the capacity to connect up to 15 users within a long-range intercom via its mesh networking.
- The manufacturer of this model claims to offer a seamless and ultra-fast experience in conference calls, which is superior to Bluetooth, and available to up to a 5-mile distance. If you need privacy in your conversation, the DMC Private Chat feature offers 1-on-1 conversation in the group.
- No doubt that this helmet speaker is one of the most versatile and advanced motorcycle communication systems currently out on the market. It combines together an intuitive user interface with cutting-edge technology.
- It also features an ultra-fast pairing technology, thus helping the rider to easily and automatically connect with the pack the moment the rider enters within the range of connectivity.
- Another feature of this product is its use of self-adjusting audio. It can adjust volume easily according to the ambient noise and speed. It is can also be controllable using your voice using a high-end voice recognition technology, making it possible for hands-free operation.
3. UClear Digital Pulse Wired Drop-In High Definition Helmet Speakers – Unlimited User Connection
Editor’s Rating: 4.5
- If you are in the lookout for a helmet speaker that will allow you to connect with a limitless number of users easily, the UCLEAR helmet speaker is the best option that you can take into consideration. It features a Bluetooth unit that handles unlimited users within a 700-meter radius.
- This speaker is also effective when it comes to filtering out irrelevant outside noise. It offers a 400 hours standby time, with a talk time up to 10 hours. This is considerably high when compared with other models that are available on the market.
- One praiseworthy feature of this model is its cross-brand compatibility, allowing users to connect it with almost all brands. It even takes pride in its near-universal compatibility, which is quite rare with helmet speakers.
- This speaker offers everything that beginners may need. Aside from that, it is one of the few models of helmet speakers that receive praise from a review when talking about real value for money.
4. FreedConn T-COMVB Hard MicMotorcycle Helmet Communication Systems – Beginner Friendly Helmet Speakers
Editor’s Rating: 4.5
- If you consider yourself a beginner level rider, you may be searching for a product that is friendly to your wallet, allowing you to check which helmet speakers will offer you the value that you are looking for. If so, the FreedConn T-COMVB is a good choice for you.
- These speakers come in a set of two. They offer compatibility with all types of Bluetooth V3 devices within an 800-meter range. It also allows pairing between two riders, and three riders to intercom easily. It works fine up to a speed of 75 miles per hour or 120 km per hour.
- This model also features audio multitasking technology, allowing you to listen to music while simultaneously talking to your fellow riders. This is possible with the addition of separate audio channels for various purposes.
- Most helmet speakers and Bluetooth devices have the tendency to struggle when exposed to high speeds. This is not a problem with Freedconn T-COMVB because it allows riders to stay connected even on a hectic and nosy freeway.
5. iASUS XSound 2.1 Helmet Speakers – Slim Fit Design
Editor’s Rating: 3.5
- These helmet speakers are beginner-friendly, versatile, and compatible with a wide variety of helmet styles and communication systems. The manufacturer of these speakers, iASUS, offers a huge collection of motorcycle helmet speakers, which have been designed to offer an improved riding experience.
- The XSound 2.1 helmet speakers are considered as one of their most popular products for a number of reasons. While it may not feature a built-In mic, meaning you cannot use voice command, its sleek design and simple controls make it intuitive and easy to use.
- In terms of design, these speakers have been thought out well, as it is designed to last and comfortable to wear. Even though it may not come with fancy features, but they can be utilized with an existing communication system, MP3 players, and smartphones.
- One contributing factor to the versatility of these speakers is its slim-fit design. This allows you to install the speakers easily in different types and styles of motorcycle helmets, which is a huge plus if you love switching up your helmets depending on the length of the trip, weather, or the location.
6. Lexin LX-B4FM Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom – Excellent Value for Your Money
Editor’s Rating: 3.5
- If you are searching for a helmet speaker that is designed to perform in all types of circumstances while offering real value for your money, then Lexin LX-B4FM is a good choice for you to consider.
- It offers the easiest way to do hands-free communication. It offers access to both S Voice (Samsung) and Siri (iPhone), which means that the rider can enjoy all of these features without using their hands. This is true whether you need to answer calls, receive GPS guidance, or listening to music, it can perform in all scenarios.
- In terms of connectivity, these speakers use Bluetooth technology in creating an intercom that allows a max of 4 people within a 1600 meter range. It also has a universal pairing feature, which makes it compatible with most earpieces and Bluetooth headsets out there.
- These speakers also utilize an A2DP Bluetooth profile for audio-based GPS guidance and wireless music, while it uses an HFP profile for both voice commands and mobile.
7. FODSPORTS Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom – High Stability and Compatibility
Editor’s Rating: 4.0
- These Bluetooth enabled motorcycle helmet speakers to provide a wide range of features. The best part is that they are all available at a very affordable price. For one, it features Bluetooth 4.1 technology, which is considered as the most advanced system at the moment, thus offering compatibility and high stability.
- Just like other models of high-end helmet speakers, it offers several modes for the intercom. Group connectivity is offered within a 2 kilometers range, given that there are no obstacles. Also, when connectivity is only required between two bikes, it can offer effective communication within a maximum range of 500 meters.
- It also comes with a full-duplex feature that accommodates up to 8 riders within a group intercom. It also works effectively in supporting simultaneous calls.
- With this headset, you can also enjoy hands-free convenience and security, while being able to listen to music easily, retrieve GPS routes seamlessly, or wirelessly receive voice commands via Bluetooth.
8. Outdoor Tech Chips Universal Helmet Speaker – Ideal for Winter Sports
Editor’s Rating: 4.0
- These speakers have been designed for winter sports enthusiasts. In fact, it can be used in temperatures that reach as low as -20 degrees Celsius (-4 degrees Fahrenheit). As such, it is ideal for riding on cold weather.
- It also uses Bluetooth 4.0 technology to connect with your Smartphone wirelessly, thus allowing you to listen to your favorite music while riding. The push buttons that are built-in on the earphones allow you to skip tracks, control the volume, receive calls, and pause audio.
- It also features a built-in microphone that allows you to give voice commands to Siri or hold conversations even when riding.
- Since these speakers have been designed for snowboarders and skiers, a free Walkie-Talkie app can also be downloaded. When it is synced with your earphones, it will allow you to communicate with your group in a limitless range.
9. VR-Robot Wireless Motorcycle Helmet Headset –Sound Reminder Feature
Editor’s Rating: 4.0
- If you think it is best to test out some functions of potential helmet speakers before paying a huge price on higher-quality headsets, the VR-robot Bluetooth motorcycle helmet speaker is a good place to start.
- It offers features that are common among speakers of this kind and offers real value as well. It allows you to wirelessly connect to your Smartphone and listen to music, or utilize the voice command functions using its built-in microphone.
- A general review among users of this product points to its great value for the money, making it perfect even for beginners.
- Examples of features that make it a good choice include Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity, a hands-free function, a sound reminder function, among others. It can allow you to answer calls or listen to music, even when riding.
10. iMC Motorcom Helmet Speaker – Specifically Designed for Harley Davidson 7 Pin Audio Systems
Editor’s Rating: 4.0
- The iMC Motorcom motorcycle helmet speakers are specifically designed for Harley Davidson 7 pin audio systems, allowing it seamlessly interface with Harley Davidson’s factory-installed intercom and music system.
- These speakers may be used with any kind of configuration for helmets, including modular and open face helmets.
- They are very easy to install, adding to the good reputation of this brand, and can even be interchanged without the need to perform the extensive modification.
- These speakers also feature a directional noise-canceling mic. This means that it allows for clearer communication while riding. The flat panel speakers, on the other hand, ensure a crisp audio quality.
- Among the many things that are praised by users with this product is its high sound quality, especially when using it for listening to music, and for intercom purposes. If you are a proud Harley driver, there is no doubt that this headset is perfect for you!
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Motorcycle Helmet Speakers
With modern advancements in technology being introduced day by day, it is a common thing to see new models of motorcycle helmets surfacing on the market. With these options right now, bikers no longer just listen to radio stations as they ride their motorcycles.
They know they have the option to stay connected while riding. In fact, it seems that this capability has already become a need for any motorcycle enthusiast out there. They can now listen to their favorite music playlist, get connected with friends, and other things. For this reason, the use of helmet speakers has become one of the most recently added bike accessories.
If you are a first time buyer, however, it can become a daunting task to get the best one the first time. To help you out, we have compiled a list of the factors that you need to take into consideration before actually choosing the best helmet speakers.
• Wired vs. Bluetooth
Generally, wired helmet speakers require an actual connection with your device. On the other hand, Bluetooth connectivity means a wireless connection. For this reason, it is often best to choose one that is Bluetooth connected, especially if you are into longer commutes. It eliminates the hassle usually associated with wires that tend to tangle with each other.
Most models of helmet speakers that operate with Bluetooth connectivity also come with an extra wire, which provides the assurance that your headset will still function even when the battery runs out. This is also ideal for longer journeys. A note, however, with those with Bluetooth features is that there may be a time when the Bluetooth does not connect.
With a wired set, this issue is not a huge deal. Because of the difficulty in the connection between the device and the headset, wired headsets connect easily and directly. However, wired helmet speakers may lead to tangling, and even isolation breaking.
As such, when it comes to deciding whether you are getting a wired or a Bluetooth helmet speaker, you need to take into consideration your needs and preferences. Each of these models comes with their own strengths and weaknesses. Wired models offer secure and clear connections, while Bluetooth connectivity offers a good amount of safety and practicality.
• Headset Form
Another important factor that needs to be considered when choosing from the myriads of options out there is the headset form. Helmet speakers usually come in two forms: freestanding and attached.
Freestanding helmet speakers are generally more comfortable than attached speakers. They are not designed as built-in to the motorcycle. Attached speakers, on the other hand, feature a set of attachments that can be used in attaching the speakers to the motorcycle.
There is an attached form of helmet speakers that are incorporated on the helmet. They usually come in the form of in-ear headsets that are embedded right into the system. As such, they cover the ears. They are also connected to a media device using either Bluetooth or cable connection.
• Sound Quality
Another important consideration among motorcycle helmet speakers is sound quality. Most models of speakers these days offer amazing sound quality. How would you know about the quality of the sound of a speaker? This is where research and homework come into play.
It is wise to invest in time reading reviews extensively, especially those that come from reliable sources. The output quality is very important among helmet speakers. After all, it plays a huge role in determining the overall clarity of the audio signal regardless of when, how, and where you will use them.
Investing in the right size of speakers is also important. With helmet speakers, the thickness and diameter of the speaker play a huge role. If you end up choosing a speaker that is too small, they may not really be practical since the sound that they usually produce is not great.
On the other hand, if the speakers are too thick, they could become uncomfortable to use since you need to constantly press them on your ears. A thicker speaker may also have an effect on the structure and size of the helmet. As such, it is recommended to be wise in investing in the right size of helmet speakers.
As with other things, it is worthwhile to pay attention to the safety of a helmet speaker. It is very important to comply with the needed safety standards. There are some models in the market which have not confirmed their products according to safety standards, which is why it is important to be wary of these products.
As you browse for product options, it is important to pay extra attention to this factor since safety should always be the top priority of both the buyer and the manufacturer.
Most riders are extremely particular about what is inside their helmet, and how these things impact the overall riding experience. Helmet speaker manufacturers have to be extra careful when it comes to designing helmets, making sure that they do not disturb the rider in any way.
Note that if the set of helmet speakers is uncomfortable, it could be both unsafe and irritating. Therefore, comfort plays a huge role when it comes to deciding which type of helmet speaker that you need to invest in.
Getting the best motorcycle helmet speakers allows you to listen to your favorite music while riding. At the same time, they also play a huge role in your communication with your family and friends. You will also stay on the loop regarding weather and accident reports. Even motorcycle riders who did not see the value of these types of speakers previously will eventually realize how convenient it can be. As such, having the best motorcycle helmet speakers can improve their general riding experience.