A postal scale is a weighing scale that’s very sensitive. It is designed to weigh small and light items, including mail and small packages. With the weight of the parcel or mail known, a postal worker will be able to determine the correct postage rate.
Aside from determining the weight of small pieces of mail and small parcels, a postal scale is also used to weigh smaller items like gems, ingredients for compounding medicines, and many more. Is a postal scale something you need for your business? Check out our top ten postal scales for 2020 here.
1. Greater Goods Digital Pocket Scale
Editor’s Rating: 4.7 out of 5
The Greater Goods Digital Pocket Scale is a handy, easy to use and pocket-sized postal scale with excellent accuracy (up to 0.1 g resolution). It will give you precise weights in different units: g, oz., gn, ct, ozt, and dwt units. This small and practical scale can take as much as 750 grams and is also easy to read with its bright LED display.
The surface of this scale is smooth but does not have any edges. It comes with a cover so you can protect its sensitive weighing area and controls.
- Very accurate – this postal scale is accurate down to the last gram. You can weigh very small and light items, not just mail, like chemicals to make medicines, fine gems, gold, and many more with this accurate postal scale.
- Available in different units – you can weigh objects and convert to different units, including ounce, grams, and more. No need to make messy manual computations.
- With a generous warranty – this scale is covered by a generous 5- year warranty which will give you more value for your money.
- With 0.1 gram resolution
- Can display weight in, oz., gn, ct, ozt, and dwt units
- With a 750 gram capacity
- With 5-years warranty
2. ACCUTEK 440LB Heavy Duty Digital Postal Scale
Editor’s Rating: 4.2 out of 5
The ACCUTEK 440 pound scale is a heavy-duty postal scale that can get the weight of very heavy parcels and packages. It can take packages of up to 440 pounds or 200 kg with 0.05-pound precision. The weighing area is rough, so packages and boxes won’t easily slide off. The controls and LCD unit is separate from the scale. You can place this on the floor and read the LCD control unit from your hand.
The LCD is large and bright; the numbers can be easily seen from across the room. There are an on/off, tare, and mode keys on the controls. With this scale, you can measure different items in pounds, ounces, and kilograms. It also comes with an auto-off feature to save battery power.
- High capacity – this is a high-capacity scale that you can use in post offices, courier services, and many more. It can even accommodate people, pets, and other heavy objects.
- Different measuring units – you can easily convert from one unit to another using the convert feature from pounds to an ounce and from once to kilograms in just one press of the button.
- Easy to use – this scale is easy to use. Simply power it up, set the unit you want to use, and weigh the object. It will automatically power off when the scale is not in use.
- Weighs items up to 440 pounds/ 200 kilograms
- 50 grams/0.05-pound precision
- Mode and tare features
- Made from a heavy-duty metal
- Measures in different units
- Large LCD display
- Automatic shut off feature
- Uses 4 AAA batteries (included in your purchase)
- May be used with a 9V AC adapter (included in your purchase)
3. Accutek DreamGold 86 LBS Digital Postal Scale
Editor’s Rating: 4.7 out of 5
The ACCUTEK DreamGold 86 pounds postal scale is a limited edition postal scale with a capacity of 86 pounds. This is a part of ACCUTEK’s Dreamcolor Series and can weigh anything from a 0.2-ounce envelope to a package that weighs 56 pounds.
You can weigh items in different units: ounces, pounds, kilograms, and grams plus the smart hold and tare feature let you measure anything without the container or box. The display LCD is large and bright with LED backlight so you can easily see this from afar and in the dark. This is a battery-operated scale but can also run on USB or using an AC adapter that’s included in your purchase.
- Versatile postal scale – this postal scale will weigh any object from something as light as 0.2 ounces to a large package weighing 56 pounds. It’s easy to use, and conversion from one unit to another is possible.
- In lovely rose gold color – this is available in lovely rose-gold color, which is a part of ACCUTEK’s Dreamcolor Series.
- Tare button features –the tare button lets you weigh different objects minus the container. This is ideal for getting the weight of irregular objects.
- The capacity of 86 pounds
- Accuracy of 0.1 ounce
- Units: ounces, pounds/ounces, grams, kilograms/grams
- With smart tare and hold
- LED with backlight display
- Can be manually calibrated
4. TUFFIOM Digital Heavy Duty Shipping Postal Scale
Editor’s Rating: 5 out of 5
The TUFFIOM digital shipping postal scale is a heavy-duty scale that has a very durable stainless steel weighing platform. It can accommodate as much as 440 pounds or 200 kg of weight. The minimum weight is 1.8 ounces. This is a postal scale that’s perfect for weighing luggage, packages and parcels, and even people and pets.
The platform is sleek and smooth; the control panel comes with an LCD panel that will give you a reading using different units. The LCD control panel is connected to the platform using a long cord, and this allows you to read the weight measurement easily. This is powered by an AA battery, or you may use a DC adapter for longer use.
- Heavy-duty postal scale – this postal scale is very durable and may be used to measure various objects, packages, and parcels. The surface is smooth and durable and will surely last for a long time.
- With a smart design – the controls and LCD screen are separate from the scale platform, and thus, you can check the weight without straining your eyes.
- Can read in different units – this postal scale can read different units, including kg/lb./oz. You can easily move from one unit to another by just pressing a button.
- Capacity of 440 pounds/ 200 kg.
- Minimum capacity reading of 1.8 ounces
- Control panel with a long extendable cord
- With different modes and units: kg/lb./oz.
- Uses AA battery
- May use DC adapter included in the box
- Comes with one year warranty
5. Accutek ShipPro 110 LBS Digital Shipping Postal Scale
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5
The ACCUTEK ShipPro is a digital shipping and postal scale with a capacity of 110 pounds. It is accurate to 0.1 ounces. You can read the weight in pounds/ounces, kilograms/grams, grams, and ounces. The platform is large, and the control panel with an LCD readout screen is separate from the platform. The two are connected with an extendable cord.
You can easily read the large display in blue for easy readability. It comes with a hold and tare function so you can weigh different items with or without their respective boxes. It is easy to calibrate, and the platform is covered to protect the sensitive surface. The covers may be used to hold different packages, envelopes, and parcels with ease.
- Very accurate scale – this scale is accurate to the 0.1 ounces and thus, you will get accurate postage payments for parcels, mail, or packages.
- With different reading modes – you can move from one unit to another by just pressing the mode button.
- With an extendable cord and controls – you can easily read the results and work on the controls with an extendable cord. Even when the scale is on the floor to weigh large and heavy items, you can easily check the weight from the controls and LCD from the cord.
- Efficient postal scale cover – this comes with a scale cover to protect the sensitive platform.
- The capacity of 110 pounds
- Accurate at 0.1 ounce
- Reads in pounds/ounces, kilograms/grams, grams and ounces
- Withhold and tare features
- Battery-powered, USB cable connection or AC adapter powered
6. Smart Weigh Digital Pro Pocket Scale
Editor’s Rating: 4.2 out of 5
The Smart Weigh digital postal scale is versatile as it can measure in different units (g, ozt, ct, oz., dwt, and gn. This is ideal for weighing mail and parcels, or you can use this to weigh precious metals or for compounding medication.
The useful tare function will help you weigh difficult items while the hold features to hold readings, especially when an object is very difficult to weigh. You will also find the counting function of the scale efficient as it can count similar items of the same weight for you.
- Counting feature – this comes with a unique counting feature that lets you count objects with similar weights. You can count money, medicine, or anything with similar or standard weights.
- Tare and hold features – these features will help you weigh difficult objects, especially objects that have irregular sizes and shapes. You can place a container to hold irregular items like powdered or granulated items and measure this with the tare function.
- Weighs in different units – this postal scale will help you weigh all kinds of objects and use different units of measurement. There’s no need to do the math.
- Weighs in different units
- Tare and hold functions
- With counting functions
- Comes with a two-year warranty
7. Brecknell Heavy Duty Digital Shipping Postal Scale
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5
The Brecknell heavy-duty is a digital shipping weighing scale that can take weights up to 150 pounds. This comes with a large, simple, and easy to read display with large switches that you can easily use even when wearing gloves. This scale has a platform size of 11.7” x 12.2” and thus it’s spacious and ready to weigh packages and parcels of all sizes. It needs six AA- type batteries, which are already included in your purchase.
- With a secure and spacious platform – this scale has a secure and spacious weighing platform that will help you weigh all kinds of items with ease.
- You can weigh letters to parcels – this digital scale is also sensitive as it can weigh objects from very light letters to heavy parcels.
- Control panel is separate from the platform – this design allows you to keep the platform on the floor as you hold the controls closer to you for easy viewing.
- The capacity of 150 pounds
- Large display with LCD
- Platter size of 11.7 x 12.2”
- Works using six AA batteries
8. Accuteck Heavy Duty Postal Shipping Scale
Editor’s Rating: 4.7 out of 5
The ACCUTEK postal scale A-ST85 can weigh packages up to 85 pounds and comes with 0.2 ounces precision. It can read weights in four modes and has a tare and hold functions. It saves battery power by an auto shut off feature. This ACCUTEK postal scale is easy to calibrate and comes with a larger platform to accommodate larger packages. It also comes with an extra-large display so you can see the measurements from afar. It is powered by batteries or using an AC adapter that comes with your purchase.
- With four reading modes – you can use different reading modes depending on your level of comfort and preference.
- Withhold and tare functions – the hold and tare functions will let you measure different items, even irregular or difficult to measure items.
- Easy to calibrate- you simply follow calibrating instructions indicated by the manufacturer. There are no difficult steps, and this can be done right before you start measuring anything.
- The capacity of 85 pounds with 0.2-ounce precision
- Four reading modes
- Hold and tare
- Easy calibration
- Works with batteries or an AC adapter
9. Fuzion Shipping Scale
Editor’s Rating: 4.6 out of 5
The Fuzion Shipping Scale is an accurate and high-capacity postal scale. It is accurate to the 0.01 pound or 0.1 ounces. This can take as much as 86 pounds with measurements grams, kilograms, ounce, pounds ounce, and pounds. It is ideal for small and light envelopes to heavy parcels to make sure that postage is paid correctly, with no over-payment.
This comes with a flip-up platform on the lid to support items that cannot stand without a holder or support. It comes with a hold and tare function, which is convenient for measuring the weight of difficult or irregularly shaped items.
The screen has a high definition display with an auto-off feature. The readings may be readily seen in the dark or at night. You can choose the number of minutes the scale has to shut down to save battery power. This comes with a generous two-year warranty.
- Very accurate – this scale is very accurate, and this is important if you need to measure very small items and irregular objects.
- High-capacity scale – this is a high-capacity scale that will let you measure very large objects as well.
- With different weight units – you can measure different objects and convert them to different units without the need for manual computations.
- HD screen – the screen is HD, and thus you can clearly see the numbers even from a distance. Some say that the screen is too dark, but some say that it is a relaxing color; therefore, it may depend on your preference.
- Accurate scale up to 0.01 pounds / 0.1 ounce
- The overall capacity of 86 pounds or 39 kilograms
- Available units: grams, kilograms, ounce, pounds ounce and pounds
- With flip-up lid
- Hold and tare
- Auto-off timer from 60, 120 or 180 seconds
- High definition LCD display
- Works using AA batteries
- Will work using an AC adapter
- With 2-year warranty
10. M5 Scale 5LB Digital Postal Scale
Editor’s Rating: 3.9 out of 5
This postal scale has a large, easy-to-read LCD display and can display readings in kilograms/grams or pounds/ounces. It can hold weight display in 10 seconds after the item is taken off from the platform. It also comes with a tare function to weigh all kinds of items without considering the weight of the container or weighing tray. This scale will automatically shut off when it is not being used to save battery power. It needs three AAA batteries. It may connect to a PC or laptop for power.
- With large LCD – the large LCD screen lets you check on the measurements even from far away—no need to squint or make costly mistakes.
- With large space to weigh different items – there is ample space to hold items to be weighed.
- Can be connected to a PC – you can connect this to a PC or laptop for power. It is compatible with a Mac or Windows OS.
- Digital display format
- Hold feature for 10 seconds only
- Tare function
- Needs thee AAA batteries
- Compatible with laptop or PC
How to Choose a Postal Scale?
• Choose accurate postal scales
The postal scale must be very accurate down to the last ounce. You can check this from the specs of the scale. You need a very accurate scale to make sure that accurate postage has been paid for a package or mail; otherwise, the package may only be returned.
• Scale dimensions
The scale platform must be large enough to accommodate packages and parcels, especially when you need a heavy-duty scale. The postage scale must display different weight units such as ounce, pounds, grams, and more.
• The different types of postal scales
Some postage scales are only meant for small packages and light envelopes, mostly up to 85 to 86 pounds of weight. Larger postage scales are able to weigh up to 440 pounds and are used to get the weight of large packages and items to determine the correct postage.
• Is a food scale similar to a postal scale?
The two scales are similar in such a way that these are able to weigh small to large items and have similar features like the hold and tare features, but there are also differences. Postal scales are more accurate and can accommodate very light objects to very heavy parcels. Food scales may not be as accurate.
• Are postal scales very accurate?
Yes, most postal scales are accurate to the last 0.1 ounces. Most may be calibrated manually, and this is done by pressing specific buttons on the scale controls. Check the product specs to find out how to calibrate your postal scale.
• How to maintain a postal scale?
The most important part of a postal scale is the platform. It has to be clean to ensure that anything that’s placed on it will be measured accurately. The control panel must be clean with the LCD screen free from dust and dirt. Also, remove the battery from the scale when it is not used for a long time.
The Greater Goods Digital Pocket Scale is our top postage scale, and it’s because of several reasons. First, it may be smaller than most postage scales, but it’s handy, pocket-sized, and easy to use. It comes with h excellent accuracy (up to 0.1 g resolution), and thus you can get precise weights in different units: g, oz., gn, ct, ozt, and dwt units. This is a small and practical scale that can take as much as 750 grams of weight. It is also easy to read with its bright LED display. And if you think that the Greater Goods Digital Pocket Scale is for you, check this out from this link.