In the past, we’re quickly disposing of AA batteries whenever they run out of energy. That’s not the case in today’s generation, since obtaining rechargeable batteries are more economical and easier to use when you look at the bigger picture.
One thing that stands out when having rechargeable batteries is they can be used time and time again. You just need a battery charger, wait for a few minutes, and then use it again.
Moreover, for the quality of use, it is best to acquire the best rechargeable AA batteries in 2020. Below we’ve listed the top 10 Best rechargeable batteries! Come and have a look!
Top 10 Rechargeable Batteries of 2020!
1. AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Batteries (2000 mAh)
Editor’s Rating: 4.4/5
If you are looking for the perfect rechargeable without even breaking the bank and can hold their own when compared to other popular brands, then have yourself the Amazon Basics AA rechargeable batteries.
This battery has a capacity of 2000mAh, good enough for daily usage. Although there’s a little disparity when compared to other big-name battery brands, what’s best with this product is it is cheap but performs well beyond expectation.
Plus, this battery can last up to 1000 recharge cycles. That’s for a start! If you’re like most people wherein they don’t need 1000 recharge cycles, why not go for the inexpensive? This battery pack is best used for high-drain devices such as flashlights, remotes, cameras, and a whole lot more!
What makes this also intriguing is the fact that when compared to other brand’s performance, it quite holds its own pretty well.
Besides, it comes pre-charged 70% of its capacity and has 4 AA battery packs included.
- Cheap and affordable
- Lasts up to 1000 recharge cycles
- Excellent quality
- One-year warranty
2. Panasonic BK-3MCCA4BA
Editor’s Rating: 4.6/5
Rechargeable batteries are very convenient to use. You’ll never have to worry again when your device isn’t working properly due to a weak battery. With rechargeable batteries, all you have to do is charge them, and you are good to go!
Although the Panasonic batteries are quite expensive when compared to other brands, they more than make up for it with their excellent and premium quality.
Panasonic is also a reputable brand when providing some of the best rechargeable batteries in the market. By making the Panasonic BK-3MCCA4BA Eneloop AA, they produced the best rechargeable batteries for frequent charging.
What also sets this product apart from other brands is its advertised 2100 cycle lifespan that leaves everyone in the dust in this category, Eneloop batteries are popular when it comes to durability and reliability, they have a historical track record to show for.
The AA batteries in this product have 2,000mAh capacity. Also, these batteries come pre-charged with solar power and can maintain their 70% charge for almost 10 years. To show for, it has 5,200 worth of 5-star reviews on Amazon.
- Great quality
- 95% Long lasting when compared to other brands.
- Highly reliable and efficient
- Doesn’t drain when stored, retain 80% of the power.
- Easily powers any AA-battery typed devices
3. AmazonBasics AA High-Capacity (2400 mAh),
Editor’s Rating: 4,3/5
When you are looking for a high capacity rechargeable battery but on a limited budget, don’t worry as the AMazonBasics have you covered!
Their very own AmazonBasics AA High-Capacity batteries more than makes up for everything you would want to power your devices. Plus, it is a very cost-effective product and is highly recommended for all consumers.
They are primarily low self-discharge batteries that can keep 65% of their charge for the next 3 years. These high-quality batteries are made in Japan, as we all know, the country is famous for producing topnotch products.
Also, these AA batteries can be recycled once they no longer hold a charge. Recycling centers aren’t hard to come by either.
So, if you are long for a cheap alternative that does it job as most other reputable brands do, they have some of these!
- Comes in 4-packs
- Long battery life
- Gradual Self-discharge
- Pre-charge out of the box
- High Capacity 2400mAh
4. Energizer Rechargeable AA Batteries (Recharge Universal)
Editor’s Rating: 4.6/5
Energizer is the leading brand of trusted rechargeable batteries. When you talk about the respected brands over the years, the Energizer brand leaves everyone in the dust.
When it comes to the Energizer’s Recharge Universal, you can’t help but marvel about this product. It has a great price to performance deal and is on par with other major brands. What sets this apart from other brands is that this battery is made of 4% recycled batteries! This makes them even greater for our environment!
Moreover, the battery comes pre-charged and has a 2000mAh capacity. And, since they are self-discharging batteries, they can last for over a year without losing their charge.
In addition, these batteries can last up to 5.5 hours on straight usage with toy activities, and 8 hours for handheld devices. Plus, they can be recharged 1000 times!
And if you tend to forget them in a drawer for months and expect them not to function properly, you are wrong in this part. They will still give you the performance you expect as they would have months prior.
So, if you are looking for a reliable brand that has a nice build quality and has a great price to performance ratio, the Energizers’ very own Recharge Universal AA batteries are more than enough.
- Made with 4% recycled batteries
- Great price to performance
- Longer life span means longer usage.
- Available everywhere
- One of the most trusted brands when providing high-quality batteries
5. Duracell AA NiMH 2500mAh
Editor’s Rating: 4.5/5
Another reputable brand when it comes to providing high-quality batteries, the Duracell brand, has been at the top of the Battery Industry for decades. Its very own Duracell AA NiMH 2500mAh batteries is a total workhorse when it comes to the amount of work it offers.
Photographers will never have to worry again when photo-shooting, this battery are specially made for those type of activities. These AA batteries have a whopping 2500mAh capable of giving you long-lasting absolute battery performance.
What’s good about this product is it works well with other camera brands, from Sony, Olympus, and Canon. Its key feature is its NiMH cell battery, which can last long for over 500 images in a single usage.
Each battery can be recharged countless times without fear of losing its capacity. Whether the battery is empty, part, or fully charged, the battery shows no effect.
Lastly, Duracell batteries are in the market for years; this reliable brand is a pretty solid pick and is easily one of the best all-around batteries on this list. A great choice for an everyday battery!
- Works well with great camera brands
- One charge could take up to 500 photos
- 1-year warranty.
- NiMH cell battery
- 100% OEM compatible
- Efficient and reliable.
6. BONAI 16 Pack 2800mAh AA
Editor’s Rating: 4.3/5
BONAI doesn’t have the popularity when compared to its counterparts. But what separates this from other brands is how cost-effective and reliable this brand is. Their 2800mAh batteries are easily one of the highest capacity batteries in our list. Available in different pack varieties of up to 24, these AA batteries can be charged at a whopping 1200 times!
Like most brands offer, this battery is also self-discharging, meaning it retains 80% of its charge when unused for over 3 years.
BONAI also claims that these rechargeable batteries are a perfect option for high-drain devices, as compared to non-rechargeable batteries. They also have high performance and longer life when compared too. This makes a great choice for gaming devices, kids’ toys, and other electronics that needs constant charging and devices that die too quickly.
In addition, what makes this a great choice is at its price point, when compared with other reputable brands to the price range, it holds its own in all categories.
- Cheap and very affordable
- Available in many packs
- High reliable and efficient
- A great choice for high-drain devices
- High Capacity of up to 2800mAh
7. Panasonic BK-3HCCA8BA Eneloop Pro
Editor’s Rating: 4.6/5
Another Panasonic brand that made it to our list, the Panasonic BK-3HCCA8BA Eneloop Pro, is their top-tier AA Rechargeable batteries. These are packed with a 2550mAh high-performance capacity that is rechargeable up to 500 times!
The Panasonic brand is known for its advanced technology when it comes to their rechargeable batteries; their high-capacity batteries are well-equipped with Ni-Mh Low Self discharge feature that provides increased power capacity and for high consumption devices
Ideally, these batteries are perfect for cameras and high-powered RC’s. Plus, it maintains 85% of its charge for up to one year.
What sets this apart from other reliable brands is it has a built-quality that has a highly-durable lattice alloy that easily prolongs the life of the battery. Eneloop Pros have a reputation for holding onto their charge for a long amount of time, as the performance suggests, it holds true.
The Eneloop Pros high capacity is often recommended for having in your disaster preparedness kit. Although they are not cheap, they more than make up for it for their high-performance ratings. So, if you are looking for a reliable battery with a respected brand at its disposal, the Eneloop Pro might be a good investment!
- Stores charge for long periods
- High Capacity
- Trusted brand
- High Performance
- Retains 85% charge when unused for a year
8. Powerex PRO High Capacity Rechargeable AA NiMH Batteries (MH-8AAPRO-BH)
Editor’s Rating: 4.4/5
One of the unique brands in our list, the Powerex batteries holds an impressive charge of up to 2300mAh; although it is less than where they are rated, it is more than enough for daily use. The Powerex says their battering is capable of retaining ¾ of their charge after a year of being unused.
A key feature of this product is its low-discharge battery that can easily be stored in an extended time. You can minimize the amount of battery clutter in your drawer by using the Powerex PRO time and time again, by doing this, you’ll save up hundreds of dollars in the future.
What sets this apart from its rivals is how low cooled this battery performs. Meaning it delivers high performance at low temperatures without any compromises!
So, if you are at a crossroads when choosing the best battery in the market, you can never go wrong with this product, highly reliable, remarkable efficiency, and serves you well in the long run!
- It comes in 8-pack AA batteries.
- Performs at low temperatures
- Longer life span
- Highly efficient and reliable
- Cheap and affordable
- Great quality for the price
9. Tenergy 8 Pack Premium Rechargeable AA Batteries,
Editor’s Rating: 4.3/5
Another unfamiliar brand that is quickly gaining recognition for its high-quality rechargeable batteries. The Tenergy company is a new manufacturer that caters to the needs of the masses, a low-cost but high capacity rechargeable batteries.
Their very own Premium Battery packs a 2500mAh capacity NiMH cells. This will help you generate a long-term plan and will save you money. Also, thanks to their high capacity batteries, photographers have entrusted their photoshoots with this long-lasting battery that delivers fast refresh rates when compared to alkaline batteries.
Although the Tenergy brand is quite new to the battery world, its performance is of high-caliber and comparable to most reputable big brands out in the market. With a 5-star rating in the Amazon, it surely holds its own!
Unlike other brands, this battery can be recharged for 1200 times, longer than most big brands offer. So, avoid wasting your money and time for mediocre Alkaline batteries and invest your time with newer rechargeable batteries. Although they are expensive compared to non-rechargeable batteries, they make up for it with their reusability time and time again.
- Cost effects
- Cheap but highly reliable
- High capacity 2500mAh
- Eco-friendly and Money saving
- Top-tier quality
- High power energy
10. Rayovac Platinum Pre-Charged NiMH AA Size Batteries, PL715-4 GEN
Editor’s Rating: 4.5/5
Although unfamiliar to most, Rayovac has been in the battery business for quite some time now. Although they aren’t on the level of other top brands in the Battery world, they still provide some best options for rechargeable batteries.
Their very own Rayovac platinum is quickly sending a wave to buyers for its very affordable take on batteries, this comes with 4-battery pack NiMH batteries that are sure to power up any devices for long periods.
What sets apart from other known brands is it holds its charge 2-3 times longer than any product too. Plus, it takes 400 photos in one sitting for camera users.
These batteries don’t have memory effects, meaning it is okay if you repeatedly charge this battery even if it is only partially discharged.
So, the Rayovac is a brand you should keep an eye on. They offer the best price for their rechargeable batteries. If you are looking for an inexpensive type of battery that does its job pretty well and holds its own in that category, you have yourself a winner!
- Very affordable
- Lasts 2-3 times longer
- NiMH batteries
- Efficient and reliable
It is always important to know all the contributing factors when buying these certain types of products that you will be using for quite a while. So, it is advisable to consider some factors. The following are just some of the few features you should consider.
- Environmental Impact- it is essential to know that you are not contributing to the already polluted environment. We highly recommend buying eco-friendly rechargeable batteries.
- Budget- there are different types of AA rechargeable batteries out there. It is important to consider your budget, finding the RIGHT rechargeable batteries for you is the ideal option
- Battery lifespan- it is the one thing you should consider the most. Rechargeable batteries were made for longer usage, so you can get the most value out of it. Besides, who would want a weak battery with a short lifespan anyways. Rechargeable batteries are always defined by how many times you can charge it, use it, and charge again until it loses its charge. Look for batteries that have a minimum of 500 recharge cycles; this ensures longer use.
- Compatibility- not all electronic devices require AA batteries. So, it is important to know what your device is compatible with. It’s hard to throw away rechargeable batteries when they aren’t compatible with your device. Plus, it may add clutter to this already-cluttered world. Always remember that there are types of batteries, from AAA, AA, and 1.5V, to name a few.
- Customer Reviews- this is where the part where it should matter the most. Customer reviews will give you a hefty amount of ideas about a certain product. If it has great reviews, then it will give an easier time picking the right battery product.
- Charge capacity- rechargeable batteries differ from their charge capacity, which is always state in mAh. The higher the mAh is, the greater the charge capacity it has, making it ideal for high-powered devices. But if you are buying rechargeable batteries for low powered devices such as wall clocks, remotes, a lower capacity is fine.
- Low Self-discharge- this refers to the power of the battery to retain its charge when not in use. That’s why it is extremely important to have a few batteries at your disposal, so you can grab fresh new ones while others are being recharged.
- NiMH(Nickel-Metal Hydride – it is a newer and more advanced type of rechargeable batteries in the market. Unlike Lithium-ion batteries, they provide higher performance and is the norm when it comes to rechargeable batteries. So, if you are trying to buy one look for the battery pack that says NiMH battery.
- Benefits of Rechargeable Batteries
- Maybe, you haven’t made the switch from traditional batteries to the rechargeable ones. Here are a few reasons why you should make the big switch.
- Rechargeable batteries are cost-effective- while it holds that when compared to the traditional alkaline batteries, they are more expensive. However, in the long run, rechargeable batteries will save you the most money. Why? Because they are specially made to be used time and time again. It is the best way to invest in a rechargeable battery.
- Rechargeable batteries are useful- when they are weak, you don’t have to run to the store and buy a new one. All you have to do is charge them. Although chargers are sold separately, they’ll be a great investment once it pays off.
- Rechargeable batteries are recyclable- they are products that let you feel good because you know you aren’t contributing to the already-polluted environment. Also, they don’t contain hazardous chemicals or metals. As compared to single-use batteries, rechargeable batteries can be used time and time again. All you need is a charger.
- Rechargeable batteries have a longer lifespan- they are quite durable when it comes to daily usage when compared to single-use alkaline batteries. And they even last longer than traditional alkaline batteries. Rechargeable batteries are the ideal choice for high-powered devices.
1. What is the difference between regular batteries and the rechargeable ones?
When regular batteries’ power weakens, they can’t be relied on and must be thrown away. In rechargeable batteries, once their charge weakens, they can be recharged and be used again.
2. How long do rechargeable batteries last?
This always varies from battery to battery. However, when you compare them to the traditional ones, they are more than enough and blitz past their counterparts.
3. Do unused rechargeable batteries get worse over time?
No, they retain up to 80% of their charge when unused for over a year. However, this varies from brand to brand and the product type.
Rechargeable batteries should be in our respective homes. They are pretty convenient, cost-effective, and highly reliable to power our electronic devices. We hope in this article we helped you pick the right one from the list above. Always remember the benefits and factors before buying your very own AA rechargeable batteries.