Everyone can surely agree that in the fast pace of the world we are living in, microwave ovens have been an indispensable part of our daily routine. They make cooking quick meals much easier, and it allows us to plan our meals and reheat them when its mealtime. And, what started as a bulky space-Consuming machine has been replaced by compact microwave ovens that are smaller and also takes up less electricity.
Which Microwave Oven is the Best?
Choosing a compact microwave oven for your needs can be a little stressful, especially because of the seemingly countless options that are available in the market. Each has their own features, and it can be a very confusing process trying to select what you should buy.
Here we have the best compact microwaves on the market, the features of each one so that you will undoubtedly find the best one that will match your current needs.
1. Toshiba Em925a5a-Bs Microwave Oven
This microwave oven will definitely draw you in from with its unique styling and its sleek black finish. This elegant design will surely be a good match for any kitchen, and this look will definitely withstand time.
It comes with soft-touch buttons, with a one-touch start and easy six preset recipe heat settings that you can choose from. If you open its door, you will see a glass turntable that will make sure that your food will receive equal amounts of heat throughout the cooking process.
Other amazing features it comes with are ten settings for power, defrost by time, defrost by weight, and a timer. It runs at 900 Watts in its highest power setting, and it can go to a hibernate mode for power saving when you are not using it
It has a sound notification option, an interior LED light, and a child safety lock. You will also get a year warranty, to be assured that you get the bang for your buck!
- One year warranty
- Child Safety Lock
- One-Touch Start
- Preset heat settings for ease of use
- Soft-touch buttons
- The elegant finish and amazing design
- Power saving mode
- There are some complaints about chemical odor after a few months of use
- 0.9 cubic feet in size, might not be enough for some
2. Samsung MG14H3020CM 1.4 cu. ft. Countertop Grill Microwave Oven
Made by South Korea’s top brand, Samsung, this microwave oven is a powerful one with so much to offer in its features. On the outside, it boasts a shiny mirror design that gives you a premium look for your oven and kitchen.
It comes with settings that allow you to automatically detect the need to cook, defrost, or heat, which can make it very easy for its users. If you have concerns against power Consumption, this microwave comes with an Eco-Mode where you can save power by turning the display off.
Its top part has a heating rod for grilling that is not straight, which then allows food to be browned well, crispy on the outside, and juicy on the inside.
It also has a Triple Distribution System, which has three points that make food get cooked much more thoroughly.
- 1.4 cubic feet space and a 14.2-inch glass turntable
- Has ceramic enamel inside that heats food well
- Eco Mode for saving electricity
- Can be too big for some homes
- Bulky and weighs 41.9 lbs.
3. College Dorm Size Compact Microwave with Digital Controls by Oster
If you have budget Constraints, this Oster microwave oven that can give you a Considerable performance. It does the job, and if you are looking for one that is perfect for reheating food, then this is the right one for you.
This simple microwave oven is equipped with 700 Watts worth of power while occupying 0.7 cubic feet space. This microwave comes with 10 power level settings, and it also has 6 different cooking functions, which can be giving you some barebones without having you feel dissatisfied. In terms of weight, this microwave oven weighs about 26 pounds.
- Comes with 10 power level settings
- Simple and direct to the point
- 6 cooking functions to help you start right away
- Has a digital clock and timer
- Can be quite heavy for a small microwave
- 700 Watts power can be too low for some cooking needs
4. LG LCRT2010ST 2.0 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven
This LG microwave is a monstrous microwave oven, with a whopping 1200 Watts. Aside from this impressive power ability, it also has Sensor Touch settings, which has 7 fixed set functions, and it can start heating up your food through these options. If you do not want that, you can also customize the settings depending on your preferred time and heat level.
It also has TrueCookPlus technology that will ensure the food will be well-cooked, and it is partnered with SensorCooking technology that identifies the humidity levels inside the microwave oven and adjusts automatically to help in providing the best cooking performance.
- 1200 watt power that can handle any type of dish
- 2.0 cubic feet area with 16-inch turntable inside is spacious enough to place food in
- EasyClean trademark for easier maintenance
- Can be too expensive
- Higher power Consumption
5. GE JES1072SHSS Countertop Microwave Oven
This GE microwave embodies convenience in cooking as it has a very minimalistic and direct design. Weighing 21 pounds, it offers a wide array of different control features that makes it a portable microwave oven with a huge variety of uses.
It has touch-sensitive controls that also gives it a futuristic vibe in spite of its simplicity. Aside from the usual settings, it comes with a Cooking Complete Reminder that allows you to go along with your other household tasks without worrying about an alert that your food is already done.
Its size 0.7 cubic feet, and it has 700 Watts in power, which makes it fit only for simple and regular everyday dishes. It also comes with a child lock, sound on and sounds of the digital clock, and timer settings for the user’s convenience.
- Simple and elegant looking design
- 10.75-inch turntable size is bigger than most microwave ovens In the same power range
- Touch-sensitive buttons
- Its 0.7 cubic feet size does not fit large dishes
- Same goes with its 700 Wattage power
6. Panasonic Microwave Oven Nn-Sd372s Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In
Boasting some of Panasonic’s most advanced technology, this microwave oven stands out among many of its kind. It offers a superior experience with its high technology – especially due to its excellent sensor and patented inverter technology.
But what does that sensor technology mean? It essentially means that the genius sensor can cook almost everything without having to tell it how. Just press this sensor button, and the microwave oven takes over! It measures the steam produced during the cooking, and it calculates how long and how much will be required until your food is completely cooked.
On the other hand, its inverter technology delivers a Consistent power stream for evenly cooked meals. This makes it much quicker to maintain edge-to-center heating at all times.
- Turbo defrost to speed up the defrosting process
- Has an LCD Display
- 9 Auto Cooking Options
- Has a “Keep Warm” feature
- Sensor Auto Cook & Inverter Technology
- Not compatible for arc-protected circuits
7. Oster Ogh6901 0.9 Cubic Feet 900-Watt Countertop Digital Microwave Oven
The Oster OGH6901 offers ease of use with its 6 one-touch cooking options. It comes with 10 different levels of power that you can apply across different meal requirements that you have.
In terms of fitting into your kitchen, this Oster microwave comes in different colors for you to choose from. It also features a green LED digital display, a kitchen timer, a time defrost, weight defrost, a child safety lock, and a cooking complete reminder.
It is very simple to use with easy button navigation that will not lead to confusion. Its turntable that provides even heat distribution is also very easy to clean up when it becomes stained.
- Has 10 adjustable power levels
- Has 6 auto-cooking one-touch menu options
- Digital LED Display
- Child Safety Lock
- Has time and weight defrost options
- Some units are known to switch on and off on their own
8. Bella 700-Watt Compact Microwave Oven
Another compact microwave oven on our list is this model from Bella. This oven is powered with 700 Watts, and it also comes with 10 different power level settings that ensure it has amazing cooking and healing capabilities.
This oven also comes with a digital control timer that has an LED display. It has 6 quick one-start cooking buttons, and it can help you get a head start. It also has a defrost mode, whether by time or by weight.
Aside from this, it also comes with multi-stage cooking and a memory function that is also handy if you are worried about custom controls.
Looking at the microwave oven’s insides, this oven has a glass turntable that measures about 10 inches, and it can be removable for cleaning and maintenance.
- Customized memory feature
- Easy to carry and place in tight areas
- Has multi-stage cooking settings
- 0.7 cubic feet can be too small for some
9. Danby Designer 0.7 Cu.Ft. Countertop Microwave, Black/Stainless Steel
This oven is a masterpiece by the Danby Industries team and is a product from their vision of producing a brilliant appliance that is perfect to fit the available space in your home.
This beauty offers 6 different one-touch cooking buttons that you can use to associate with your different everyday needs. It has stylish appearances and a superb cooking capability. It is designed with a mixture of black and stainless steel, and it can be a great match to any office area and kitchen you would want to be in.
It needs only 700 Watts for it to run, and it comes with an adjustable timer and 10 power option settings to fit your needs.
- Great design with universal and elegant colors
- LCD Display
- 18-month warranty
- 10 power options
- Some reports say it holds in food smells
- Glassdoor can shatter
10. Hamilton Beach 1.1 Cu Ft, 10 Power Levels, LED Display Microwave Oven
The Hamilton Beach oven has 10 different power levels to choose from and comes with a glass turntable and a child lock. It also has some preset power options, and it is another great perk of this compact microwave oven.
This oven offers express cooking options, and you can choose from six different preset menus. It also has the features of even heating, and it comes with other bonuses as time and weight defrost.
- Has a digital clock and timer setting
- Regular cooking and warming options
- Has a weight/time defrost option
- The LED display can be difficult to read for some
Buyer’s Guide: Factors toConsider in Buying A Small Microwave Oven
When buying a microwave, there are important things that you should look out for. Here are some examples:
- Power – Microwave ovens are powered by Watts. The higher the wattage, the more power it possesses in heating and cooking food. Having 1000 Watts power is the best option because you can do most of your cooking with this. You can go lower, but the minimum recommended power is 750 Watts.
- Dimensions – You should at both the internal and external capacity of your microwave oven. Consider the available space that you have to place this appliance and how much space you will need inside.
- Ease Of Use – Some microwave ovens come in analog controls, while some have a touch display. You can choose which one you find much simpler to use.
- Ease Of Cleaning – One of the most tedious parts of owning a microwave oven is cleaning it, but this can help extend the life of your oven.
- Unique Features – Aside from looking at the essentials, you can look at the special features and technology and select the one that you will actually be able to use.
Does using a microwave oven cause cancer?
According to the Cancer Council NSW, microwave ovens heat food by producing radiation. But they do not make water molecules any more different than other methods. They do not make food any more likely to cause people cancer.
Is the microwave bad for your health?
Microwave ovens are effective and safe as a cooking method. There is no evidence that they can cause harm to humans.
Is a 700 Watt microwave enough?
Microwaves that have 700 Watts are slower in cooking compared to their higher counterparts, but it can be adequate enough for simple use.
Is it safe to stand in front of a microwave?
According to the US Food & Drug Administration, injuries from microwave radiation are very rare, and the exposure of radiation through smartphones is much riskier.
Microwave ovens come in different types, from the most basic to the most unique, which can be quite confusing for users. In this day and age, different types of technology are being applied to our household appliances. But just because something looks cool does not mean that you actually need it. As we have our own individual wants and needs, we hope you find our buying guide and top picks as a great tool to help you make your final choice!