When it comes to fans that we use at home, we can think of several options. This includes ceiling fans, standing fans, table fans, desk fans, attic fans, and similar ones. During the summer days, they are usually turned on most of the time, which is why your electricity consumption might end up skyrocketing high.
To cut down on electricity expenses, an alternative option is to get solar-powered fans which utilize solar energy, powering the fan at a similar velocity with that of the main supply. These types of fans can be considered as a one-time investment, allowing you to enjoy the comfort of a cool breeze. The best part is that they are free.
The good news is that there are a number of good options out there in the market. This can turn out to be challenging, however, given the options. To help you out, we have gathered a list of the top 10 best solar powered fans.
Reviews of the Best Solar Powered Fans Review
1. Cowin Solar Fan System – Portable, Multi-Use Fan
- If you are looking for a portable and multi-use solar-powered fun that will provide your needs during the summertime, the Cowin Solar Energy Fan is the best option that you have available. In fact, it has everything that you would ever need in a fan, and more.
- Aside from the capacity to keep you cool, this fan also features a USB port where you can also charge some of your devices. It also comes with an LED light, making it perfect for those who need to work during those hot nights in summer.
- It features three speeds and several charging options. This means that you no longer need to find an excuse not to complete that outdoor job that you have wanted to finish for a long time.
- If the heat outside, or even inside your home is somewhat making you feel lazy, you will be delighted to know that this fan also comes with a remote control that will allow you to adjust it easily even from a distance.
2. Ansee Solar Fan – Ideal for Camping
- Have you ever thought of going on a camping trip outdoors during summer but is somewhat hesitant because of the dreaded heat outside? If that is the case, the Ansee solar-powered camping fan got you covered.
- This fan offers multi-purpose functions. It is designed with a 3-in-1 function and comes with an adjustable LED lighting which ensures eyesight protection. It also comes with a flashlight that you can use when you have to go to the bathroom in darkness.
- It also introduces an ultra-quiet operating motor that will make sure that you can sleep soundly at night, not keeping you up. It also has an adapter plug that you can use outdoors in case you want to.
- For camping plans and trips that will be happening anytime soon, then the Ansee Solar Camping Fan should surely be included in your must-bring list.
3. YINGLISOLAR Auto Cool Solar Powered Fan – Solar Table Fan
- This fan is actually an ABS plastic solar table fan that uses hybrid solar technology. This only means that it can be used by plugging at an AC power supply in your home, while it also allows for powering when there is sunlight.
- This fan oscillates right at 180 degrees rotation, with a wind reach that will fill a medium-sized room. In terms of the quality of build, this fan is amazing, with 12 blades that will allow for a continuous cool breeze.
- This DC solar-powered fan also comes with a rechargeable battery that is built in. This battery provides protection against overcharging and over-discharging.
- To make it even more interesting, it also features 27 pieces of bright LED light available with an adjustable angle.
4. Amtrak Solar’s Powerful 14” Attic Fan – Quiet Ventilation
- You are no doubt on the right track if you are planning to get a fan that can cool your RV, house, or attic. This fan is thermally protected, covering a space of up to 2250 sq. Ft. At the same time, it is also being powered using a 40-watt solar panel.
- This fan also features a free thermostat, extra wires of 25 feet, and a 25-year warranty. This warranty gives you protection in knowing that if something happens to your fan and it is covered by the warranty, you can get the assistance that you need.
- It is also designed in a way that protects your RV, greenhouse, or home against the build-up of moisture. This is the ideal choice for those who are planning to cool things down while ensuring that their monthly electricity bill is kept minimum.
- While you may need to pay extra for this fan, thinking of the long term savings on electricity still makes it an amazing and wise investment.
5. HQST Solar Powered Attic Fan – Easy to Install
- An attic fan is designed to serve much like an exhaust fan that works in regulating the temperature inside a building or space. This is done by exhausting the warm air. As a result, it keeps the temperature at its optimum level, preventing damages from buildup against moisture.
- This fan also comes with a 30W solar panel. It also has a continuous power supply that ensures a dependable airflow for any area that requires it.
- For an attic fan, this model is quite easy to install and attach. In fact, it can be done so in various types of roofs. The angle of the panel is adjustable, ensuring maximum exposure against the rays of the sun. This means that it is very easy to use and convenient at the same time.
- This product is also designed in a way that makes it durable, requiring no maintenance at all. You can utilize a thermostat in order to use the machine depending on the condition of the temperature.
6. Western Harmonics Solar Powered 10 Watt Fan Kit – Mountable in Different Positions
- This portable desk fan features an overall improved fan speed. Among its interesting features include a 10W solar panel. The overall reach of the wind is strong and far.
- This fan can also be mounted in different positions depending on the preference and suitability. This fan also features a brushless motor that is both durable and highly efficient.
- It features two-speed controls that are available, with 9 inches blades. The distance between the panel and the fan is about 14 feet and can be extended when needed.
- This fan comes with a built-in rechargeable battery that features both overcharge/discharge protection.
- It also has a built-in Led light, which serves as an ideal illumination at night. Other electronic devices may also be charged using its USB port. Additional features include a remote control.
7. Rand Solar Powered Attic Fan 8-Watt – Self-Contained Unit
- This solar-powered attic fan from Rand is an 8-watt ventilator fan for the rooftop. It is designed to be friendly to the environment while helping you to save a lot on your monthly bills.
- This fan is self-contained, which means that it does not come with wirings, and works really well even in overcast and low light conditions.
- This fan also operates using a brushless motor that has the capacity to cool up to an attic space of 700 square feet, possible while still being able to control your monthly spending on electricity bills.
- Even though this unit is quite pricey at first, the money that you will eventually save in the long run makes this fan a worthy investment.
- One thing to note about this fan is that it does not have a backup battery, though it comes with both 10w and 30w fans that do.
8. MANANASUN Solar Ceiling Fan – Automatic Running Fan
- Many homeowners prefer using a ceiling fan than a standard one. It is a bonus if it is solar-powered, as it means that you can save a lot of money on your bills every month on electricity.
- This solar ceiling fan is newly released. It also comes with a solar panel and an AC/DC converter. If you need mounting brackets for the solar panel, the brackets can be separately purchased.
- This fan works with DC solar panels in the daytime. When night time comes, it can operate on AC power supply. Two models are available for this fan – 48 and 56 inches blades. The solar panel is also included.
- This fan starts running automatically out of the AC power supply, even when there is no sunlight.
9. Natural Light Solar Attic Fan – Efficient and Durable
- This solar-powered fan is considered as the most efficient solar fan for the attic. It is known and recognized for its durability. For this reason, the manufacturer even offers a warranty of 25 years.
- The material that is used in its construction is completely weather resistant and premium quality.
- It does not require any wiring during installation, and you also have the option to purchase a snap-on thermostat that is fit for all types of climates.
- All of the hardware items that are needed for installation and assembly of this unit are all included.
- The angle of this fan is also adjustable, covering up to 2625 square feet of overall attic area. It works in preventing moisture buildup and high temperatures.
10. Brightwatts Ultra Premium Industrial Grade Solar Gable Attic Fan – Industrial Grade Fan
- This attic fan is one that is powerful, even designed for industrial-grade use. The frame, in fact, is constructed using galvanized steel. It features blades with high-velocity, thanks to its reliable brushless motor.
- This fan is also rust protected while providing maximum airflow. It is also sustainable and designed to last for three decades, without worrying about any further maintenance.
- This fan operates silently, with both temperature and humidity levels under full control. As such, this fan is a good option if you are the type of person who is quite sensitive to the noise produced by your appliances at home.
- There is no need for any electric wiring, with up to 1200 square feet of venting capacity.
- The solar cell of this fan comes with a weatherproof casing, which provides protection to this part of the equipment. The manufacturer of this product also offers 10 years of warranty. This means that you can expect assistance whenever needed.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Solar Powered Fans
Before choosing a solar-powered fan, there are some things that you need to look for. This will make sure that you are investing in the right product. Among them are the following:
One important thing to take into consideration is the size of the fan. These appliances range in sizes. Your option actually depends on your needs. You may need a smaller one or a bigger one, depending on your purpose of use. For example, if you need something to place on your desk, then a smaller solar-powered fan will do. However, a bigger model might be better if you need one that can cool down a big room.
The design of your selected fan is not really a huge deal. If you buy a fan with a design that you do not like, you may not like using it at all. After all, you might need one that will also match your space. It is often a good idea to take into consideration the design of the solar-powered fan to make sure that it will fit your preferences.
If you prefer being able to carry a fan with you, or just want to have one that can be moved from one place to another easily, then having a portable fan is a good choice. Some solar-powered fans may require installation, and once they are already installed, they may not be moved. Some models, however, come with handles, allowing you to transport them easily.
Generally, solar-powered fans run quietly. Still, some models may run a little louder compared to others. As such, it is also important to consider your specific needs about this. An “ultra-quiet” feature is one that you need to find if you prefer one that has no noise at all.
The price of the fan is another consideration for sure. This will still vary according to the model of the fan itself. For example, smaller fans are generally cheaper than the bigger ones. Also, certain models may come with more features, thus becoming more expensive than others. Some, for example, may have a flashlight, and others may have features that help in capturing bugs. For this reason, it is best to check the price carefully, considering whether or not the price is worth it.
• Heat Vents
Since solar-powered fans collect a huge amount of heat, they could turn very hot. If this heat cannot escape from the fan, it may overheat and eventually breaking. To avoid this, it is often a good idea to see if your fan of choice has a heat vent. This will also allow the heat to easily escape without any issues, thus removing the need to worry.
Some models of solar-powered fans also double up as flashlight, MP3 player and radio. This makes these models highly versatile. This means that you no longer need to carry these products separately. Note, however, that not all models have these features, some may just be a basic solar-powered fan. If a versatile model is what you are looking for, check out the features before purchasing.
• Purpose of Use
It is also important to consider the purpose of your fan’s use fully. For example, do you need one to simply cool you down while being outdoors? Maybe you need one that can keep an entire room cool? By taking into consideration these aspects, you can no doubt be sure that you will be able to find the best fan for your needs. Otherwise, you may only end up feeling that your purchase is a hassle.
There is nothing better than keeping cool while saving money at the same time. When it’s already too hot, standing in front of your fridge with its doors open is not a good option for sure. Having a fan is a good thing, but if it is running through most of the time, your electricity expenses may suffer. The list above highlights the best solar-powered fans. There are different types mentioned above, suiting your specific needs and preferences. To make a wise purchasing decision, it is recommended to list down the features that you would like to see in a solar-powered fan and check out the options above, comparing the features at the same time.