You need a VGA to HDMI adapter to connect a high-definition monitor to a PC or laptop with only a VGA port. This adapter conveniently converts analog signals to high definition signals so you can enjoy performing computing tasks, watching videos or movies, and surfing the web in total high def.
If you’re searching for the best VGA to HDMI converter for your set up, always be certain about the type of converter you need. Inspect your ports and connections. Do you need a male to female or a male to male adapter? Do you want a converter to work with your computer, laptop, projector, or a gaming system? Only when you have considered all these will you be able to shop for the ideal VGA to HDMI converter. And to help you with your search, here are the top ten best VGA to HDMI converters.
Best Gold-Plated HDMI to VGA Adapter from Moread
Editor’s Ratings: 4.4 out of 5
The Moread HDMI to VGA adapter will connect your computer, laptop, desktop, or any device to an HDMI port of a projector or a monitor. It will also help connect to any device with a VGA port. It can extend the desktop screen to an extra monitor or television using a VGA cable. It is lightweight and thus easy to carry around.
Inside is an advanced chip that will convert HDMI signal to VGA, that’s digital to analog. Take note that this is not a bi-directional adapter and cannot change signals from VGA to HDMI. This will support video resolutions as much as 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz as well as other resolutions: 720 p, 12080 x 1024 and 1600 x 1200. The HDMI is gold-plated to prevent corrosion and will help enhance signal transmission. The cable is very durable as it has a molded strain.
- Compatible with most devices – the Moread adapter is compatible with almost all input devices that have an HDMI port and output devices with a VGA port.
- Very stable with an improved IC chip –the IC chip ensures that signals are converted the best way possible and that the ideal resolution is reached for the best results.
- Compact and easy to use – you can carry this inside your laptop bag and use it during presentations. You can use your laptop to work with an older style projector or monitor anytime.
- With advanced IC
- Converts signals from HDMI to VGA
- Supports resolutions of 1920 to 1080
- Gold-plated HDMI
- With a generous 12-month warranty
Best BENFEI Male to Female HDMI to VGA Adapter
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5
The BENFEI HDMI to VGA connector comes with a compact-design and will connect a computer, laptop, or desktop as well as other devices that have an HDMI port to a projector, high definition TV or a monitor with a VGA port. It is a lightweight adapter that you can take with you anywhere or inside your bag.
This BENFEI connector comes with an advanced chip that will change HDMI signals to VGA. Just like the previous VGA to HDMI connector, this is not a bi-directional connector and thus will not change signals from analog to digital or VGA to HDMI. This converter will support resolutions of 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz as well as 720 p, 1600 x 1200 and 1280 x 1024 for high definition projectors and monitors.
The HDMI end is gold-plated, and this enhances signal movement and conversion. Meanwhile, the cord is molded and thus enhances durability. This converter is compatible with a computer, laptop, desktop, notebook, PlayStation consoles, and other devices with HDMI ports.
- Compact design – this converter is light, easy to use, and can be kept inside your computer/laptop bag with no additional weight.
- Compatible with other devices – this connector is compatible with VGA devices, including TVs, monitors, gaming consoles, and so many more.
- Converts resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
- Gold-plated HDMI connector
- Compatible with more devices with HDMI port
- With generous 18-month warranty
Best Compact HDMI to VGA Adapter
Editor’s Rating: 4 out of 5
The AmazonBasics HDMI to VGA compact adapter will connect HDMI devices to a display that has VGA ports. It is easy to set up and use as it offers only male to female or one-way signals. This converter has a compact design so you can easily take it with you to use anywhere, in presentations, or in conferences. This will easily connect to laptops, desktops, PCs, Chromebooks, Roku, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and Wii U, to name a few. All of these devices and equipment come with regular HDMI ports.
The AmazonBasics HDMI to VGA connector is also compatible with low powered HDMI port when this is connected to a micro USB cable, which is not included in your purchase. It does not come with an HDCP key and thus will not work if the source is HDCP.
- Compact design – this is small and compact, easy to take anywhere. It fits inside your pocket or inside your laptop bag in case you need to work with an older monitor or projector.
- Easy to connect – this is a plug and play device, no need for drivers or software to install it.
- Compatible with many devices with standard HDMI ports – this is compatible with numerous devices, and there’s no need to use a driver to connect with these devices.
- Input HDMI (male)
- Micro USB power input DC5V (a micro USB cable is not included)
- VGA output (female) is up to 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
- Plug and play
Best uoeos Gold-Plated HDMI to VGA Adapter
Editor’s Rating: 4.8 out of 5
This is an HDMI to VGA converter (male to female) that will connect to your desktop, PC, laptop, or other devices with a standard HDMI to a VGA monitor, HDTV, or projector. It is handy and lightweight, and thus, you can stash this inside your computer backpack or bag to prepare for a presentation or a conference.
The HDMI end is gold-plated, and this prevents the wear, tear, and corrosion of the HDMI end. This ensures that signal transfer is perfect, and this connector will last a long time. This will only turn HDMI signals to VGA or digital to analog and is not for bi-directional signal conversion. It is a plug and play device as well as there are no drivers or software needed to install it to your computer or laptop.
The UOEOS HDMI to VGA cable is compatible with most laptops, desktops, computers, notebooks, ultrabooks, Chromebook, HD TVs, and many gaming consoles that come with an average HDMI port. This converter supports resolutions of 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz as well as other resolutions for high definition monitors. This converter comes with a lifetime warranty giving you good value for your money.
- Good signal transfer – this cable offers better and more efficient signal transfers because of its gold-plated HDMI jack. This also makes the jack more resilient to corrosion and will remain rigid for frequent use.
- Convenient and easy to use – this adapter is easy to use, just plug and play. It is also convenient as it will work with most devices plus will convert digital to analog signals with ease.
- Compatible with many devices with HDMI ports – this adapter is compatible with almost all input devices with HDMI ports and output devices with VGA ports. You can connect laptops, game consoles, or PCs to TVs, projectors, and monitors, to name a few.
- HDMI (male) input interface
- VGA (female) output interface
- Length 16 cm
- Supports VGA video output of 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
- Multiple HDMI input resolution and VGA output resolution support
- Cable made of brass-tinned copper
- With built-in active IC chipset
- Gold-plated HDMI end
Best HDMI to VGA Gold-Plated Cable from BENFEI
Editor’s Rating: 4.3 out of 5
The Benfei HDMI to VGA converter comes with a compact and portable design that will connect your computer, laptop, or desktop’s HDMI port to your monitor, HDTV, or projector that has a built-in VGA port. It is lightweight, with a durable and efficient cord. You can easily stash this inside your bag or laptop backpack.
This converter has a built-in IC chip that efficiently converts digital signals to analog signals and does not work as a bi-directional converter. It supports video resolutions of 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz or 1080 p full high definition). It also supports 720p, 1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1200, which is for high definition projector and monitor models.
The HDMI end is gold-plated, and this enhances signal transmission and will also resist abrasion and corrosion. This HDMI to VGA adapter is compatible with a desktop, computer, and PC, as well as other high definition devices and equipment, gaming consoles, televisions, and many more.
- With compact design – this converter is small and compact, plus you can carry it around anywhere inside your laptop bag because of its lightweight design.
- Compatible with many devices and equipment – this is compatible with a number of equipment and devices, from laptops to PCs and from monitors to projectors.
- High performance – Both ends are gold-plated and thus will have the best performance. This makes the ends rigid, corrosion-resistant and will make signals move more efficiently from end to end.
- HDMI male input
- VGA female output
- No audio support
- Plug and play device
- Will support video resolutions of up to 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz including other high definition projectors and monitors
- Gold-plated HDMI connector
- Gold-plated VGA connector body
- With advanced PCBA
- Enhanced joints
- 6 feet cable
Best 1080p HDTV VGA to HDMI Adapter by Rankie
Editor’s Rating: 4.4 out of 5
The Rankie HDTV to VGA converter is a portable cable connector that will connect an HDMI device to a VGA monitor or projector. Inside the VGA end is an active IC chip that enhances device compatibility. This converter has a micro USB cable that can supply power for low-output device ports like a MacBook. This will support video resolutions of 1920 x 1080 or 1080 full HD as well as 720p plus 1600 x 1200, which is the resolution of high def projectors and monitors.
The HDMI end is gold-plated, and this prevents corrosion and enhances performance. The cable is four inches long and will ease the strain of your cable and will protect the HDMI port of the device connected.
- Lightweight and portable converter – this converter weighs very light, and thus it is easy to carry anywhere. It’s non-bulky and won’t require additional accessories to work.
- Can power devices using micro USB cables – there is a small micro USB port on one side that can be used to charge low-power devices.
- Compatible with many devices with a standard HDMI port – this will work with laptops, PCs, notebook, and Chromebooks.
- With gold-plated connector ends
- Will transmit 1080 p uncompressed video
- Capable of transmitting hi-fi stereo sound
Best Portable and Compact VGA to HDMI Converter
Editor’s Rating: 4.2 out of 5
The FOINNEX VGA to HDMI converter is very handy and convenient as you can take this wherever you need to use your laptop, netbook or Chromebook or any VGA device. It is made for older-style laptops that don’t have an HDMI port. It is ideal for playing games, video streaming, or simply sharing online content.
This converter supports video as well as audio at the same time at 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz resolution. The FOINNEX converter also supports 24 bit and will convert stereo-quality audio using a male 3.5mm AUX mini-jack. It is a plug and play device/converter with a USB cable connected to a computer USB port or a 5V power adapter. You’ll get a 3.5 mm AUX audio output. It is compatible with a Linux OS and Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Portable and easy to use adapter- this adapter is so small it fits inside your pants pocket. It is easy to carry inside your laptop bag, as well.
- Will support video and audio – this is a small adapter, but it can support audio synchronously.
- Plug and play device – there are no drivers or additional accessories to work.
- VGA to HDMI converter
- For video resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
- With 3.5 mm mini-jack audio cable
- USB cable needs a 5V 2 A USB port or a power adapter with 5V
- 3.5 mm AUX audio output
- Will work with a Linux OS and a Windows
Best VGA to HDMI Converter Adapter from VicTsing
Editor’s Rating: 4.2 out of 5
The VicTsing VGA to HDMI adapter converter supports video resolutions of 1920 x 1200 / 1080 p full high definition. You will have clear and enhanced signals during presentations and also for entertainment. Under the hood is an advanced chip that will ensure that this will work in temperatures of 20 to 65 degrees Celsius. It requires an external power supply with a universal USB cable to supply power.
This is easy to use and connect; it comes with a small LED light that tells the status of the connection. It will flash when an HDMI equipment is working. The light will stop flashing when the adapter has been disconnected. The ends of the VGA input are gold-plated, and this ensures that signals will be transmitted without fail. It also helps avoid corrosion and abrasion. It is only suitable for devices with VGA that will be connected to an HDMI device. It is universally compatible with PCs, laptops, TVs, projectors, HDTVs, and many more. It runs on Windows 7 and 8 OS.
- Offers high resolution – this converter offers better resolution and captivating videos as it converts analog to digital signals.
- With an advanced chip – the advanced chip ensures that this cable is used in the best temperatures for more efficient signal transmission.
- Support 1920 x 1200 full HD resolutions
- With advanced chip
- With LED status light
- Gold-plated VGA end
- Conversion cable length is 24.5 cm, USB cable length 100 cm
- Compatible with Windows 7 and 8
- Comes with a USB cable
Best VGA DVI HDMI Multiport
Editor’s Rating: 3.7 out of 5
The CABLEDECONN HDMI to VGA, HDMI, and DVI is a multiport converter or adapter cable that will allow you to connect your HDMI (from a small-sized input device like a computer or laptop) to a large-scale VGA, DVI or HDMI screen (such as a projector, monitor or high definition TVs). This can also be used as a hub to connect three monitors at the same time under Windows OS. Meanwhile, Mac OS devices and HDMI, DVI cannot be connected to each other.
This converter is audio synchronous through its audio 3.5 mm jack to external speakers or home theater system. It needs a micro USB connection for power; this has to be done; otherwise, this adapter/converter won’t be able to work at all. The HDMI connecter is gold-plated and thus will resist corrosion. This design also enhances the rigidity of the connector, and thus signal conversion will be better.
- Portable 4-in-1 dongle – you’ll never see anything like this before! It’s a multi-functional converter starting from HDMI input to HDMI, DVI, and VGA. With this device, you can connect three monitors simultaneously.
- Audio synchronous – using its audio 3.5 mm jack to an external speaker to get synchronous audio.
- HDMI connectors are rigid – the HDMI connector is gold-plated and thus is rigid, durable, and thus will transmit signals more efficiently.
- With three-screen simultaneous display
- With Audio Synch outputs
- HDMI to VGA, DVI, and HDMI
- Maximum resolution 1080p
Best UGREEN Active HDMI to VGA Adapter
Editor’s Rating: 4 out of 5
The UGREEN Active HDMI to VGA converter/adapter will connect an HDMI device to a VGA monitor, TV, or projector. The manufacturer recommends using a 1.4 Version HDMI cable within a length of 26 ft. To ensure the best performance. This is not a bi-directional converter as it cannot convert VGA to HDMI signals. This supports audio and video sync using a 3.5 mm audio jack that may be connected to an external speaker with a 3.5 mm audio cable (this is sold separately from this converter). This adapter also comes with a micro USB port that can provide power to low power input devices.
The UGREEN converter HDMI source is compatible with many types of TVs, TV sticks, desktops, notebooks, tablet PC, digital cameras, video cameras, and many more. The VGA source is for all kinds of monitors, projectors, TVs, and many more. This is a plug and play device, no need to use a driver or any additional software.
- With audio sync – audio synch happens when you connect this to a 3.5 mm audio cable jack to an external speaker.
- Compatible with many types of devices – this converter works with many types of devices, including laptops, PCs, and Chromebooks, to display on a projector, monitor, or TV.
- Generous warranty – this HDMI to VGA, DVI, or HDMI converter is covered by an 18-month warranty so you’ll get more value for your money.
- Supports 1080p at 60 Hz resolution
- Audio synchronous
- With micro USB port for optional power
- Length of cable 16 cm
- Included micro USB cable with your purchase
Things to look for when buying a VGA to HDMI converter
- The type of material used
In most converters, the HDMI jack is gold-plated, as this is known to strengthen the HDMI jack and will also enhance the movement of signals. Meanwhile, the cable is usually made from copper with an insulated outer cover. Copper is reliable and enhances the movement of signals in the converter.
- Consider ports and jacks
You need to pay attention to the type of jack and the ports you have before you purchase anything. If you have an old-style laptop or PC with only a VGA port, then you need a VGA to HDMI converter to connect it to an updated monitor with HDMI ports. On the other hand, if you have a laptop or computer with an HDMI port and you want to connect to an old-style monitor or a monitor/TV with VGA ports, then you need an HDMI to VGA converter instead.
- Consider cable length
Most cable lengths for this type of converter is short while there are converters with no cords or cables at all like the AmazonBasics HDMI to VGA compact adapter. Consider your needs before you choose a short or a compact adapter.
- How to connect a VGA to HDMI converter?
To use a VGA to HDMI converter, the input device (computer, old-style laptops, and PCs) you want to connect must have a VGA port and the monitor or output device you want to connect your device to has an HDMI port. You need a VGA cable that will be connected to the VGA port of your input device to the VGA end of the converter. The HDMI end of the converter is connected to the HDMI port of the monitor, TV or projector.
- Will images be better using this converter?
Yes, analog signals from a VGA input device will be enhanced as it passes through this converter to show to a digital monitor or projector device.
- What are the types of VGA to HDMI converters?
There are two types of converters: one is the VGA to HDMI converter, and the other one is an HDMI to VGA converter. VGA to HDMI adapters convert analog signals to digital while HDMI to VGA converters will change digital to analog signals.
From our list of the best converters, the Moread HDMI to VGA adapter is our best choice, and we have several reasons to prove our point. This device will connect your computer, laptop, desktop, or any device to a projector or a monitor. It can be used to extend the desktop screen to an extra monitor or television with a VGA cable.
The Moread adapter is lightweight and easy to carry around. The HDMI end is durable and will transmit signals seamlessly because it’s gold-plated. It is the best converter adapter to have for a presentation, or a conference in case the venue monitor or projector does not have HDMI ports. If you think that the Moread HDMI to VGA adapter is also the best choice for your connection needs, check this out at this link.