A lot of people just love listening to music while doing active stuff. To some, however, this seems like an almost impossible thing. After all, how could it be possible not to worry about getting their favorite headphones wet as they do their thing?
If you are worried about the same thing, it is good news for you to know that there is actually a product that can make your workout sessions and other active stuff more fun. With the right waterproof Bluetooth headphones at hand, there is no need to worry about your headphones getting wet or worry about the weather.
The technology that we have now is just amazing, producing countless options available in the market. To help you make a wise purchasing decision, we have rounded up the best waterproof Bluetooth headphones. Check out some of the tips mentioned below as well.
Reviews on the Best Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones
- Jabra Elite Active 75t – Best Overall Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds
- The Elite Active 75 waterproof Bluetooth headphones are an amazing pair for individuals who require high-performance sports headphones/earbuds, which can also be used for other activities.
- This pair of earbuds feature IP57 water protection, making them completely waterproof. They are also designed for use even in harsh conditions outside. Your purchase is also protected with a 2-year warranty.
- As an upgraded version, the battery of this model is much stronger. It can be used for straight 7.5 hours and can be charged for a total of 28 hours in the case. It also operates with a dependable 5.0 Bluetooth connectivity that ensures strong capacity.
- Another amazing thing about these earbuds is that it comes with an app that accompanies it. This will allow you to customize EQ as well as other settings. With its HearThrough technology feature, you can easily mute music.
- In terms of sound quality, these buds produce a very clear sound made possible by good passive noise isolation. Its bass is also significantly boosted, and may somewhat be overpowering, though it can be adjusted using the app.
2. Plantronics Backbeat Fit Bluetooth Headphones – Good Value with Nice Features
- One thing to note about these headphones is that they are not completely submersible. Still, with their IPX5 protection, it means that they can still withstand some water splashes, making them wearable outside in some unwell conditions.
- These headphones are supported by ear hooks that keep them right in place. This allows them to be ideal for exercise. As a bonus, they also isolate a good amount of noise, resulting in a pleasant listening experience.
- Power and operation wise, this model offers a good length of 6 hours of battery life. It also comes with a quick charge option, which means that a quick 15 minutes charge will offer you 1 hour of listening.
- With its small bass boost, you can see her more kicks with low frequencies. Its emphasized bass is loved by a lot of exercise and sports fanatics.
- Given its price range, the frequency response is also amazing. It offers a lot of stability and decent water resistance, making it a good option to consider.
3. Finis Duo Underwater Bone Conduction MP3 Player– Best Headphones for Swimming
- There is no question that these headphones/SwiMP3 player is designed for swimming. It offers an astounding waterproof standard of IPX8 up to 3 meters.
- These headphones use bone conduction technology, which works in transmitting sound underwater through your cheekbones. This means that it does not require you to fiddle around while placing headphones in your ears, which can only come off as you swim.
- Every pair comes with huge buttons on one of the pendants. The buttons include fast forward, rewind, play/pause, and shuffle. The sound quality is amazingly clear and quite loud, even underwater.
- Charging of these headphones is through a magnetic USB-based dock. There is a need to clean the small charging points regularly since they are prone to getting clogged up.
- The battery life of these headphones can reach up to 7 hours and has a storage capacity of up to 4GB. The audio formats that it supports include MP3 and WMA.
4. JLAB Audio JBuds Air True Wireless Signature Bluetooth Earbuds – Good Level of Power and Clarity on a Budget
- These JLab JBuds Air earbuds are what you are looking for if affordability is what you need. Despite being such, it offers a good amount of water resistance. It features a Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity and up to 4 hours of battery life.
- Among the features of these headphones include EQ options that help in optimizing your audio sound. The modes include Balanced, JLab Signature, as well as Bass Boost, all of which are designed to allow you to select the specific profile that matches your preferences.
- It also has a built-in microphone that is situated at the right earbud, allowing you to make calls or work with the virtual assistance of your mobile device. With its multiple ear tips, with optional cush fins, you can also expect to get a customized fit.
- It also features an IP55 waterproof rating, which means that it can stand to a good amount of sweat and water exposure. You will also feel protected knowing about its 2-year warranty.
- As a bonus, the case of these earbuds comes with a USB charging cable, which allows powering up on the go. Its quick-charging feature also allows you to charge for just 15 minutes, and enjoy an hour of playtime.
5. Jaybird X4 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones – ideal Option for Sport Fitness and Running
- These earbuds are the best option for you if you are searching for dependable stability, decent battery life, high comfort, and amazing sound. You will also love its fun and appealing sporty design and lightweight.
- Compared with others, the earbuds do not really go deep into the ear canal, making them comfortable. They are also best for running because of this. When using Comply memory foam ear tips, you will find the noise isolation feature of these earbuds quite amazing.
- They also feature an IPX7 certification, which means that the buds can be washed under water, while you can also run easily under the rain. The stability of these buds is quite solid.
- An in-line remote is also available, allowing you to set the volume, manage calls, and play/skip/pause tracks. Its rechargeable battery can also last for about 8 hours, giving you enough time for a good workout daily.
- In terms of sound quality, the sound signature of this headphone is balanced, with deep and consistent bass. If you love listening to a variety of music genres, these earbuds are great.
6. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones – Best Budget Waterproof Earbuds
- If you are looking for some plain-looking headphones in contrast to those flashy, ‘look-at-me’ options out there, this is the option for you. It comes with a plain design with an all-black appearance. Still, they can offer a decent sound and some extras.
- These earbuds feature an IPX6 rating, meaning that they offer water resistance via their nano-coating feature. They cannot be fully submerged, but some rain splash or sweat is fine.
- The user controls of these earbuds are simple to use and located below the right earbud. This is also where the battery is located. The buttons are easy to use and include play, pause, next, and back. Another button is for power.
- The battery life of these earbuds can give you a good listening time up to 9 hours. It only takes up to 2 hours for complete charging. It has a micro USB port which can be used for charging.
- At the back of the earbuds, a magnet is attached, connecting both of the earbuds together, holding the unit right in place right around your neck when not in use. This is quite useful instead of having two dangling wires.
7. Bose SoundSport Pulse Wireless Headphones – Best for Gym Use
- These headphones were no doubt designed to build quality and comfort in mind. They are generally larger than average earbuds, but they are still comfortable, and even lighter than their appearance.
- The buds are supported by soft ear hooks, which are made silicone, neatly fitting into your ear. These are the only parts of the buds that make contact, which means that they are really designed for comfort.
- Another interesting feature of these headphones is its built-in heart rate monitor, which makes it perfect for workout sessions. This is detected by a sensor that is situated on the left earbud. It has to be in contact with your skin for tracking.
- The performance of Bluetooth is good, provided that you stay within the proximity recommended for your device.
- Battery life is at 5 hours and can be recharged using a micro USB port.
8. AfterShokz Aeropex Open-Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones – Best Bone Conduction Feature
- These headphones are well-loved for their design, sound, and capabilities. They feature a PremiumPitch 2.0+ feature, which delivers amazing bass with less amount of vibration. With this technology, there is less leakage to be expected.
- With less than 1 ounce in weight, it is a very convenient model. The transducers are also perfectly angled for functional placement on your cheekbones. This also allows for situational awareness while still ensuring optimal comfort.
- Battery-wise, these headphones can provide up to 8 hours of continuous playing. Full charging time can be achieved in 2 hours.
- As this is a wireless set, it has the capability of handling podcasts, audiobooks, music, and phone calls.
- They are IP67 certified, which means that they are both water and sweatproof. They can also be submerged up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes.
9. Exeze Rider Waterproof MP3 Player – Best Value for Your Money
- A standout feature of this model that makes it different from its siblings under the same manufacturer is its integrated 3.5mm audio jack, which allows it to be paired with a separate pair of waterproof headphones if you wish.
- The primary unit is connected to the side or back of the goggle strap using a coiled led that runs from the jack to the supplied earphones. These are created to clip around the back of the ears easily, rotating right into position for the functional listening experience.
- Charging of this model is accomplished through the charging points instead of exposed connectors, making them quite convenient to use.
- Its waterproof standard is at IPX8 at up to 3 meters. The battery life allows for a continuous listening up to 10 hours, with a storage capacity of up to 4GB. The audio formats supported by these headphones are MP3 and WMA.
10. Wireless Jabra Elite 85h Canceling Headphones – Best Noise-Canceling Headphones
- The Jabra Elite 85h headphones are known for their noise-canceling features. Compared to other comparable models with similar features, these headphones brag about a lot of other things, such as an amazing 36 hours of battery life, with a quick 15 minutes charging producing up to 5 hours of playtime.
- It also features water and rain resistant technology, making sure that no rain or even storm will stop you from listening to your favorite music. On top of that, they also provide protection against dust and sweat.
- The headphones feature 40mm speakers, delivering distinct and sharp music experiences. They also have 8 microphones for clear calls.
- With its SmartSound feature, these headphones will evaluate the surrounding noise, adjusting your audio in order to match your preferences accordingly. This can be set using the Jabra Sound+ app. It also works with Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant voice commands.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones
If you are planning to get a pair of headphones that are waterproof and Bluetooth connectable for any purpose of use, there are certain factors that need to be taken into consideration in order to arrive at the best purchasing decision. Here are some of them:
- Purpose of Use
One amazing thing about waterproof headphones is that you can use them for a variety of activities. They are amazing for swimming, and pairs really well with a waterproof MP3 player.
They can also be used for those who hit the gym, or hiking and running under the rain. By knowing what your activities will be, and your purpose of use of these headphones, you can make sure that the product that you are looking at has the features that you would need depending on the activity that you are planning to engage in.
One thing that you need to understand that since you are paying for an extra feature, that is, being waterproof, you get what you actually pay for. However, it does not mean that only the most expensive options are the ones that work well. It is a general rule of thumb, though, that the more you pay, the more features you get, and the better the quality will be.
Before choosing a set of headphones, make sure to decide on your budget first. To avoid hurting your pocket, you need to stick to your budget. By browsing carefully, you can find options that are not that expensive and can still provide you the features that you need.
- Wired vs. Wireless
A determining factor that will help you decide whether a wired or a wireless option is for you is by knowing where you are planning to use the headphones. If you need to go in the water, a wireless option is no doubt the best option. Otherwise, one with wires can do the job.
- Other Features
Aside from the basic features of waterproof Bluetooth headphones, there may be some other features that you would like to see in your pair. For example, you may want to go for one that comes with built-in memory. Or, you may want to have a pair that features varying replacement buds, especially if you are into sports that have different needs.
To reach a wise purchasing decision, make sure that you really take the time to sit down and consider all the things that you want in your pair of waterproof Bluetooth headphones. It may even be best to make a list of features that you want, alongside your budget, and use that list to make a decision. Also, it would help to know the exact level of resistance that each product has.
One thing to remember, however, is that these headphones, despite being marketed as waterproof, should not be used for swimming, or intentional submersion into water (unless specified by the manufacturer). Even though most of the options above are designed to survive a lot of water, it is never a wise idea to push their limits, particularly with those that come with a below IPX7 rating.