Anyone can use a three-wheel electric scooter. You can use this for fun, to complete your errands and to leisurely move around the neighborhood. Seniors can use an electric scooter for ambulation. And because its battery-powered, it’s clean, easy to use and is quiet than gas-powered scooters.
Three-wheel scooters are portable and easier to manage than two or four-wheeled scooters. These are safer and can be used in many applications. Many three-wheel electric scooters come with enhanced features, are safer and better even on any road surface. If you’re looking for a three-wheeler or a model to replace an old one, here are some three-wheel scooters to check out.
Editor’s Rating: 3.9 out of 5
The Drive three-wheel electric scooter is intended for seniors and people who have difficulty in ambulation. It is very lightweight and is portable. You can adjust the angle of the armrests for enhanced comfort. This also helps the rider to move in and out of the scooter.
The tiller angle also helps the rider control the scooter better. You can adjust the scooter controls in the best position. This seat is height adjustable while the backrest is foldable. There is a large-capacity metal basket in front where the rider can place anything he needs to take along
- Portable and lightweight – this 3-wheel scooter is easy to take anywhere as you can assemble and disassemble this in minutes. It is lightweight so it can fit anywhere, even in the trunk of your car, when disassembled.
- Adjustable armrest – this three-wheel electric scooter has an adjustable armrest so anyone with problems with mobility can move in and out the vehicle easily.
- Adjustable height and tiller angle – adjust the angle and the height of the tiller to move the controls closer or further, higher or lower, according to your preference.
- Heavier weight capacity
This three-wheel electric scooter can take as much as 265 pounds, so this is one passenger and a bag of groceries.
- Adjustable armrests, tiller angle, and seat height
- Large metal basket
- 2.5 inches ground clearance
- 8 x 2 inches flat-free wheels
- Weight capacity of 265 pounds
- Measures 42 x 19.25 x 35.5 inches
- Seat dimensions 13.5 x 16.5 x 17 to 19 inches
- The maximum range of 7.5 miles
- A maximum speed of 4 mph
- Turning radius of 45 inches
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5
The Travel Pro by Pride has improved accessories and attachments. It comes with 3-wheel styling for easy movement in tight spaces. It can burst to top speeds of 4 mph and comes with a 6.3 drive range. You don’t have to worry about flat tires because this is fitted with flat-free tires that will work over any kind of surface. It also has forward and reverses controls.
The Travel Pro can carry as much as 275 pounds. It has a fully-padded faux leather seat; the seat has an adjustable height and padded armrests. You may flip the armrests up for easy movement to the scooter seat and for easy exit. It also comes with a plastic basket that’s large enough to place a variety of items. You also get a free cup holder and a saddlebag where you can place all the things you need.
- Easy maneuverability – this three-wheel electric scooter offers better control, so it’s easy to move anywhere with it. You can take it inside establishments like supermarkets, malls, and recreational areas as long as this is permitted as a mobility scooter.
- Easy to transport anywhere – because you can disassemble this three-wheel electric scooter, you can take it wherever you need to go.
- Comfortable to sit on and use – the seats are adequately padded, and it’s not entirely plastic so you can sit and stay comfortable longer.
- With free items or accessories – you’ll get a cup holder on one side and a saddle bag on the other to carry your phone, wallets, keys, etc. It also has a basket where you can place anything you need to take with you.
- Drive range 6.3
- Weight capacity of 275 pounds
- Disassembles in five pieces (the heaviest piece is 27.5 pounds
- Faux leather seat
- Free accessories
- Measures 22.3 x 37 inches
- Seat width 17”
- Maximum seat height 17.25”
Editor’s Rating: 4.4 out of 5
This is a four-wheel scooter that we just had to include in our list. This is a Drive Medical Scout Spitfire that’s easy to assemble and disassemble. It has interchangeable color panels, which can help hide scratches and marks. The swivel chair is height adjustable while the armrests are foldable and well-padded. The tiller is adjustable, and the throttle control is also ergonomic, so you can use this anywhere.
The scooter battery back is removable and can be charged separately from the unit. Your purchase will include a battery and a charger. A full charge will give you hours and hours of use. Meanwhile, the wheels are non-marring and will never become flat. The wheels will also prevent tipping even when this is used at top speeds.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble – this three-wheel electric scooter is made of several parts and components and is easy to disassemble. Therefore, you can take this with you as you travel. Just disassemble and keep in the trunk of the car.
- Adjustable seat, tiller, and backrest – this is completely adjustable to make your ride more comfortable than ever.
- A battery may be removed from the unit – you can remove the battery and charge it separately from the scooter. This is very convenient, especially when the electrical socket is located far from where the three-wheel electric scooter is kept.
- Seat width is 16.5”
- Maximum speeds are 4.25 mph
- Maximum range is 9 miles
- Climbing angle is 6 degrees
- Motor is 24V x 270W x 4700 rpm
- Turning radius is 53.75”
- Ground clearance 2.5”
- The capacity of 300 pounds
Editor’s Rating: 4.6 out of 5
This is a different Vive 3-wheel mobility scooter. It offers safe maneuverability as it allows you to move on any kind of surface with total comfort. It can take as much as 265 pounds. The wheels are flat-free and are non-marring. This scooter drives up to 3.7 mph and can drive up to 12.4 miles in one charge.
The seat is comfortable, padded, and wider. The backrest is soft and comfortable. The seat height is adjustable and can rotate to help you board and to exit the scooter. The armrests may also be lifted, so it’s easier to move in and out of the scooter.
This three-wheeler is also portable as you can easily disassemble the scooter for easy transport. Just fold the tiller, remove the seat, and take all the parts to your car. This comes with intuitive controls on the tiller with reverse and forwards dial, variable speed dials, and headlight switch. This three-wheel scooter is covered by a 5-year limited warranty.
- Safe to use – you can ride this scooter anywhere and remain safe as you do. The wheels are non-marring and safe.
- Comfortable to use – the seat is well-padded and wider than other Vive models. You may also adjust the height and rotate the seat for easy entry and exit.
- Portable and convenient to take anywhere – you can disassemble this three-wheel electric scooter and take it wherever you need to go.
- With easy control panel – a control panel with a simple reverse and forward dial, headlight switch, and battery meter can be easily accessed from the seat.
- Non-marring, flat-free wheels
- Weight capacity of 265 pounds
- 16.9” seat
- 12.4 miles per full charge
- Under Vive 5 years limited guarantee
Editor’s Rating: 4.0 out of 5
The eWheels Miller Supply is a 3-wheel mobility scooter has a maximum weight capacity of 360 pounds and a maximum speed of 18 mph. Power is from a 500-watt transaxle differential brushless motor at 20AH amps and 48 bolts. The battery is a 48-volt lead-acid battery that’s maintenance-free. It comes with a smart charger for easy and fast charging.
The seat’s headrest is fully adjustable, while the seat height may be adjusted as well. This offers variable speed control with a twist-throttle and a key start. Brakes are safer with a front and rear braking system. This three-wheel electric scooter has electric light, battery indicator, storage basket, rear shock absorbers, and an anti-theft alarm.
- With strong electric motor – the motor is a strong 500-watt transaxle differential brushless motor that will give you more power but at the same time is less vulnerable to wear and tear.
- With maintenance-free battery – the battery is lead-acid battery known for being maintenance-free, so there’s no need to charge or recharge the unit.
- Comes with strong brakes – the brakes are strong and will keep you safe no matter how fast or how slow you’re going.
- Measures 61 x 29 x 41 inches
- Weight capacity is 350 pounds
- Maximum speed is 18 mph
- Driving range of 45 miles
- Electric motor 500 watts
- With transaxle differential brushless motor
- The battery is 48v lead acid
- Tires are 16/2.5”
- Front and rear braking system
- Key start system
- Anti-theft alarm
- With Ewheels Branded Electric Scooters
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5
The 3Score 3-wheel electric scooter is similar to a large bike. It comes with a 750w geared-hub motor and a 48V 17.4Ah battery. You can ride up to 40 miles at a full charge, and batteries can charge to full in 5 hours. The tires are fat at 4 inches with a very low profile for on and off-road riding. The wheel at the front is 24” while rear wheels are 20 x 4.0”.
A Shimano 7 speeds gearbox makes this easier to switch from one gear to another. It comes with 1 x 7 gearing with every gear readily available with just one press of the switch. It comes with double suspension, so you will get a better ride. The back of this three-wheel can hold a lot of items, plus the front storage basket will also hold smaller items as well.
- Strong hub motor – the motor is powerful and yet safe and efficient. It can take you fast or ride slowly as you move indoors.
- Fat tires are better – the tires are fat and safe. You won’t slip and slide even on wet floors or surfaces.
- With efficient Shimano gearbox – found in most highly-rated bikes. This allows you to move from one gear to another with ease.
- Smoother ride with double suspension – double suspension will make your ride less bumpy and more comfortable and pleasant even outdoors.
- With 750W geared hub motor
- LG 48V 17.4Ah battery
Editor’s Rating: 4.3 out of 5
The TOXOZERS electric 3-wheel scooter is simple to use. It has a key to start, a battery meter that tells you if the battery is full or needs charging and a front LED light. It also has a carrying basket so you can place anything you want to take on your ride.
This is unlike other slow scooters or mobility aids, as it can go as fast as 25 mph. The battery can charge to full in 4 to 8 hours, and you can achieve 15 to 20 miles on a full charge. This 3-wheel scooter also comes with a pneumatic front wheel and pneumatic rear wheels. This can take as much as 240 pounds of weight. The seat is completely adjustable but has no backrest or armrest.
- It can go faster – this 3-wheel scooter can go faster at 25 mph and thus will take you anywhere quicker than other 3-wheel scooters.
- Will carry more weight – this 3-wheel scooter can take passengers and cargo of 240 pounds.
- Adjustable seat – the seat may not be as comfortable as other scooters, but it is adjustable and accessible.
- Battery charges to complete in 4 to 8 hours
- Can go as fast as 25 mph
- With an 800-watt front wheel hub motor
- Pneumatic front tire is 16”
- Pneumatic rear tires are 12”
- Weight capacity of 240 pounds
- Adjustable seat
- With carrying basket
Editor’s Rating: 4 out of 5
This adult electric motorized scooter/tricycle can go as fast as 20 mph with a top range of 25 miles for every full charge. It is equipped with an SLA battery that charges to full in just 4 hours. This 3-wheeler has a key start, headlight, and a storage basket to keep your belongings safe as you move.
On the controls, you’ll find a battery level indicator, an electronic alarm to keep your bike safe, and a safe front V-brake and a rear expansion brake. This bike is very light at only 75 pounds. And the maximum limit weight of 400 pounds. Take note that this is a bicycle and scooter hybrid, and you can pedal this to increase its speed.
- It is fast and ready to roll – this 3-wheel scooter is ready to move with top speeds of 20 mph, and it’s even faster when the battery is fully charged.
- With heavy-duty battery – this battery is strong and will last longer when charged to full.
- Safe braking system – you can move anywhere with ease and still remain safe with this bike’s upgraded front and rear brake system.
- Top speed 20 mph
- Top range of 25 miles/charge
- The battery is SLA and recharges in 4 hours
- Measures 60 x 28 inches
- Maximum weight limit of 400 pounds
- The motor is a brushless motor drive with 48 volt
- Front size is 22 x 1.75 inches and rear is 22 x 1.75 inches
- Can go 18 to 25 miles per charge
- You may still pedal if there’s no more battery charge
- The bike frame is steel
- With front V-brake and rear brake expansion brake
- Bike weight is 75 pounds
Editor’s Rating: 4.3 out of 5
The Furgle Electric Scooter is a mobility scooter for seniors that are compact, easy to assemble, and disassemble, plus it’s also lightweight. It is ideal for traveling inside malls, supermarkets, parks, and other recreational areas. It is adjustable, with the seat height and direction of the seat adjusted to your comfort and preference. You may also adjust the armrest width and direction bar angle as well.
This scooter can move around 13 miles with a maximum speed of 3.73 mph. It also boasts of a maximum reverse speed of 2.17 mph. This has anti-rolling wheels over the rear wheels to avoid rollovers and to make this scooter safer.
- Lightweight and easy to assemble and disassemble – this is easy to assemble and disassemble and is also lightweight, and thus, you can take it wherever.
- Versatile and adjustable – you can adjust the seats and the tiller so you can move with comfort and ease indoors or outdoors.
- Can go farther in a full charge – with a full battery, you can go farther and faster.
- Mileage approximately 13 miles
- Maximum forward speed is 3.73 mph
- Maximum reverse speed is 2.17 mph
- With anti-rolling wheel
- Adjustable seats
- With basket and lights
Editor’s Rating: 4.6 out of 5
The Vive 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter is an adult mobile electric-powered wheelchair that you can use to travel anywhere. It can support up to 265 pounds and has interesting features like flat-free wheels, non-marring tires, and comfortable, well-padded seats with adjustable backrest, seat height, and armrest. It is portable and easy to assemble and disassemble. It has an intuitive control panel to set the maximum speed, check on the battery power, and more. This 3-wheel scooter adds more value for your money because this is covered by a 5-year limited warranty.
- Adjustable and versatile – the seat and the tiller may be adjusted according to the passenger’s preference.
- Comfortable to use – because it’s adjustable and the seat comfortable to use, it is ideal for seniors to ride anywhere they want to go.
- Portable – this 3-wheel scooter is easy to disassemble and take anywhere.
- Can support up to 265 pounds
- With a maximum speed of 3.7 mph
- Can go up to 12.4 miles per charge
- The seat is 16.9” wide
How to Choose
- The scooter design
The design of the scooter matters because some may offer enhanced comfort and speed while some have not had comfortable seats but offer better maneuverability. Find the scooter design that’s right for your needs.
- The motor matters
Choose a strong brushless motor. Brushless motors are more efficient and have better performance. These are less susceptible to wear compared to brushed motors. Other advantages include increased torque to weight ratio and higher torque per watt of PO. Check the specs to get to know more about the type of motor the scooter has.
Consider small but important details, including adjustable seats, armrests and tillers, horns, headlights, battery meters, accessible speed controls, and keyed controls. The seat must be comfortable, durable, and should be appropriate for your needs.
- About the scooter battery
There are many types of batteries for a scooter, but despite enhancements, lithium-ion batteries remain supreme. These batteries are lighter and can take time to wear down compared to SLA or sealed-lead acid batteries. Also, a battery pack that’s detachable from the scooter unit would be great, so you can charge it separately from the vehicle.
- Are 3-wheel scooters safer than other scooters?
Three-wheel electric scooters are safer because these are more balanced and have enhanced grip. This makes this safer compared to two-wheel scooters and four-wheell scooters.
- What is a mobility scooter?
A mobility scooter is made for seniors who need assistance in ambulating. These are scooters that are built for easy maneuverability and comfort so that seniors can match the pace of younger people.
- Can anyone drive a 3-wheel scooter?
Yes, anyone can drive a 3-wheel scooter, but this may not be allowed on city roads. Please refer to your city or area’s specific rules regarding this type of vehicle.
The Drive three-wheel electric scooter is our top 3-wheel electric scooter. We chose this because it’s ideal for seniors and people who have problems with ambulation. This is lightweight, portable, and adjustable for improved comfort. It also comes with a convenient basket, headlights, and battery meter, making this convenient to take anywhere. If you think that the Drive 3-wheel electric scooter is the best for you, get to know more about it from this link.