Cooking can be a tiring chore, and though some people feel at their element when there are cooking, there are still many who would rather be able to cook by just dumping the ingredients into a pot and pressing a magic button. This is possible by utilizing a multi-cooker.
Multi-cookers are perfect options for any person who enjoys eating healthy meals but are too busy to have time to prepare intricate meals. While the multi cooker is in action, users can take the time to do other tasks, and then eat when it is about time.
In this article, let us take a look at some of the best multi cookers available in the market.
1) Crock-Pot Express Pressure Cooker CSC051, 12-in-1 Programmable Multi-Cooker
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars – BRAND FAVORITE
- Cooks food up to 70 percent faster
- 8 programs with just one touch
- Cook four ways: slow cook, pressure cook, steam and brown, sauté
- Simple digital controls with a timer facility
- Excellent heat distribution
- 6 Liter Capacity
First on our list is this multi-cooker from the world-renowned brand Crock Pot. This is perfect for home cooks who love experimenting on different types of meat, and it will surely make them feel like a professional in no time. This cooker is equipped with amazing workmanship with a great heat distribution system, therefore making it also great for rice, aside from being ideal for most meats.
With this multi-cooker, each preset option can be operated with just one touch that gives you the best results with very little effort. But, if you want to customize things, you can still opt for manual programming by altering the pressure and the cooking time used. It also comes with a secure locking lid and a steady handle for easy transportation and safety.
2) Aobosi Pressure Cooker 3Qt 8-in-1 Electric Multi-cooker
Editor’s Rating: 4 out of 5 stars – BEST BUDGET OPTION
- Auto ‘Keep Warm’ up to 24 hours
- Compact size perfect for meals good for 2 to 3 people
- 9 safety mechanisms including pressure limiter, pressure controller, anti-clog protection, lid lock safety, high-temperature warning, and excessive pressure protection
- Delay timer up to 24 hours
- Gas Outlet button
- 304 stainless steel cooking pot
If you are looking for a multi-cooker that is suited for a single person or for a smaller group of two to three persons, this model from Aobosi is a great one to go for. The greatest feature of this particular innovation is it comes with 9 different safety mechanisms.
Aside from that, this cooker also combines the function of 8 separate cookware in your kitchen. This makes it much easier for you to relieve your stress from cleaning up different pots and pans, and it can also save you the cost of buying separate cooking equipment.
This electric cooker is ETL-certified, and CETL-certified can serve as a rice cooker, slow cooker, steamer, and pressure cooker. It comes with a steamer rack that allows the preparation of two meals at the same time, and the purchase also comes with a measuring cup, a sealing ring, a cookbook, and a ladle.
3) Philips Viva 2 1425W Turbostar Multi-Cooker Airfryer – Red HD9621/36
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars – BEST AIRFRYER
- Package includes drawer pan assembly, airfryer, handle, wire fry basket, and owner’s manual
- 30-minute timer with ready signal and automated shut-off
- Dishwasher safe with easy cleanup
- Low-fat frying option
- 8 pounds capacity of frying basket
- Pre-heating is not required
Next on our list is a multi-cooker that is most appropriate for people who enjoy airfrying the most. This Philips Viva variant is a very affordable model that is easy to use and has numerous useful functions. This unit is also compact, which makes it perfect for small kitchen areas.
This cooker has four major cooking functions: baking, frying, grilling, and roasting. It promises a non-stick finish that guarantees crispiness, lesser use of oils, and perfectly cooked meals. With this Philips airfryer, you will never have to worry about a lack of time, a lack of oil, and not worrying about the burning of the meals you have to eat. This will definitely make your frying experience so much healthier and easier!
4) BILACA 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi Programmable Pressure Cooker
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars – BEST FOR BEGINNERS
- 9-in-1 multi pressure cooker
- Faster cooking time up to 70 percent
- 24 Hour Time Start and Time Selection
- Made from food-grade stainless steel
- Comes with a rice spoon, steam rack, measuring cup, and a healthy recipe book
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
This multi-cooker for BILACA combines 9 kitchen appliances in 1 with 15 smart controls. With the pressure cookers, food gets cooked much faster at about 70 percent. The 15 smart controls are visible through an advanced LED panel with a progress indicator and intuitive icons. This can be started in a simple press of a button.
It comes with a safety pressure valve, which serves as the way to release the steam quickly while cooking. This cooker is also very easy to clean – with its stainless steel exterior, it has a removable non-stick coated inner pot and steam rack.
5) Mueller UltraPot 6Q Pressure Cooker Instant Crock 10 in 1 Pot
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars – BEST VALUE FOR MONEY
- 10 appliances in 1
- 15 preset smart programs
- German Engineered Therma V Technology
- High quality rubber seals
- Heat resistant handles
- PFOA-free and PTFE-free
- UL and ULC certified
Next on our list is this 10 in 1 multi cooker from Mueller, and this one provides the best value for the price. This product is a versatile device with high quality and is created with a German ThermaV Even-Heat Technology. This cooker combines the purposes of an egg cooker, steamer, warmer, sauté maker, yogurt maker, pressure cooker, slow cooker, and rice cooker.
This Mueller cooker has a stainless steel finish, which results in the formation of a structure that gives the pot durability, strength, toughness, and ductility – even when the cooking activities are at extremely high temperatures. It also comes with a stainless steel basket and rack, which means that you can cook two dishes at the same time. This purchase also comes with a tempered glass lid, spoon, measuring cup, wire rack, steamer basket, and a silicone gasket.
6) Breville BPR700BSS Fast Slow Pro Multi Function Cooker, Brushed Stainless Steel
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5 – EDITOR’S CHOICE
- Has a Keep Warm function so that the food will be ready the same time as you
- 6 quart maximum capacity
- 11 pressure cooker settings
- 3-way safety system
- Color changing LCD tells you when the cooker is pressurizing, releasing steam, or cooking
- Dual sensors for a precise pressure
- Dishwasher safe removable lid
This Breville multi-function cooker has become a favorite of many! Those it can be towards the higher end of the price range, it offers superb features that are well-loved and beyond other cooker models. This cooker will surely help you tender your food and perfect them under pressure. Its slow cook menus automatically adjust pressure, temperature, and time between slow and fast cooking.
This cooker comes from a company with award-winning kitchen appliances that is envisioning to inspiring people to perfect food and beverages. This cooker has dual sensors at the top and bottom monitor ingredients for more accurate temperature and pressure control. It is a 3-way safety system that includes a safety locking lid, a hands-free auto steam release, and a safety valve.
Some accessories included are a recipe book, a stainless rack, and a stainless steamer basket. Some automatic settings included are Natural, Auto Quick, Auto Pulse, Steam Release Mode, and Hands-Free Mode.
7) Panasonic 5 Cup Japanese Rice Cooker with Induction Heating System and Pre-Programmed Cooking Options
Editor’s Rating: 4.5 up to 5 stars –
- Umami-enhancing taste catcher
- 5 layer induction system for burn-free cooking
- 7 layers of diamond coating for non-stick cooking
- 13 preset cooking programs automatically cook
- Keep Warm feature for up to 12 hours
- Non-scratching rice spoon for authentic Asian-style service
A high quality piece made in Japan; this multi-cooker from Panasonic is a great choice for you. If you are a fan of steaming food and cooking the perfect rice, this cooker can help you cook for groups of 5 to 6 people and keep everything warm throughout the meal.
In this cooker, you can cook different types of rice items, including brown rice, sticky rice, rinse-free rice, quinoa, and sushi. It also allows the cooking of vegetables, meat, and fish in the included steamer basket. Because of the 5-layer induction heat system and the enhanced umami feature, the natural flavors are circulated, and the flavors are enhanced.
Through its skills are limited compared to other cookers, Japanese and other Asian cuisine fans will go crazy over this one.
8) KitchenAid KMC4244CA Candy Apple Multi-Cooker with Stir Tower
Editor’s Rating: 4 out of 5 stars – FAN FAVORITE
- Over 10 cooking methods
- 4-quart capacity cooking pot with Ceramic Shield coating and pour spout
- The lid has a cool touch soft-grip handle
- One year replacement warranty
- Advanced even heat circulation
- Comes with Stir Tower accessories
This multi-cooker from KitchenAid is an energy-saving appliance with amazing versatility – offering up to 10 different kinds of cooking methods. This wide variety can inspire many home cooks to try out different recipes from steaks to some yogurt.
Unlike other models in this list, this multi-cooker is large, and it can take so much space on a countertop in the kitchen. Some people might also find this model quite expensive. It comes with a 4-quart cooking pot that has several buttons and knobs for programming commands. It has a digital display where cooks can find the details of the temperature and timer.
This cooker can keep food warm for 24 hours, which means you will always have warm meals all day every day. It also is made with even heat technology with a blessing that circulates uniformity to every area of this multi-cooker, so you need not worry about imbalances.
The purchase also comes with a steam basket, a roasting rack, and accessories, including a silicone flex edge blade, a silicone flip, and a stirring paddle.
9) Instant Pot Lux 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, and Warmer
Editor’s Rating: 5 out of 5 stars – BEST SELLER
- 12 one-touch smart programs
- Combines 6 types of appliances in one
- Cooks food up to 70 percent faster
- Fingerprint-resistant stainless steel lid
- 10 and more built in safety features
- Free Instant Pot recipes through the company app
If you are tired of eating microwaved meals but are looking for something easy to prepare, you should get Instant Pot IP-LUX60. Made of a three-ply food-grade stainless steel, this multi-cooker can make sure that you will be able to enjoy a serving of fresh and hot meals whenever you feel like it. This multi-cooker has a capacity of 6 quarts, and it will be enough for cooking meals for small groups of people. Strong and durable, it is made from stainless steel, and it will not dent easily.
With this multi-cooker, you can make yogurt, prepare soups, sauté food, steam vegetables, cook rice, and pressure cook. To make this much easier for beginners, there come 10 different smart programs that eliminate the need for guesswork and making mistakes.
Another great feature of this Instant Pot is that you can enjoy a 10-layer safety mechanism so that there will be no accident related to pressure release, leaky lid, and other different mistakes.
10) Cuisinart MSC-600 3-In-1 Cook Central 6-Quart Multi-Cooker: Slow Cooker, Brown/Saute, Steamer
Editor’s Rating: 4 up to 5 stars – BUDGET FRIENDLY OPTION
- Limited 3-year warranty
- One-touch switch modes for combination cooking
- Extra-large blue backlit LCD display with easy to read time and temperature settings
- Glass lid with a cool-touch handle
- Dishwasher safe removable parts
- 3 programmable cooking functions
Last but not least, we come with another great multi-cooker that will be friendly for your budget. Though, it could be noted that this cooker has lesser cooking options if you compare them to the other models in this list. However, this is a great starter multi-cooker, and the one-touch mode-switching feature is perfect for your meals.
This Cuisinart model has enough space to cook food for a medium-sized group of people because this can handle 6 quarts worth of food. It has a front panel with several buttons for various functions, and there are two small LCD screens that showcase time and temperature.
This cooker can also be used for browning, sautéing, steaming, and slow cooking. It is perfect for making stews and soups, and even complicated dishes like short ribs, beef stews, and beef stroganoff. The pot also comes with a non-stick aluminum coating that will spread evenly to all parts of food.
Buying Guide: Factors to Consider When Looking For Multi Cookers
- Size – This factor is essential when choosing your multi cooker. Usually, the standard is a 6-liter capacity that is suitable for a family or a group of 4 to 6. If you are alone in the house, there are also more compact units that will fit your space.
- Weight – As you will be using this appliance quite often, you might need to use it and move it around. Make sure that you will be able to handle and manipulate your cooker.
- Preset Programs – Multi-cookers have several functions, and having the settings laid out for you to try can be more than enough. This will help the cooking process become much easier, and it can help your food preparation become much faster.
- Design – The external features and the user interface are essential parts of a multi-cooker. You should check out how well you can survive an LCD display, switches, knobs, and different buttons.
- Cooking Performance – As multi-cookers have a different scope of cooking modes, you can decide which functions are most important to you and check out which features that you do not really need.
- Safety – You should check out the certifications of your multi-cooker product, and the safety features it comes with that will help avoid leakages, spills, burning, and electrical concerns.
Multi-cookers are amazing innovations that provide countless benefits to home cooks all over the world. But, though there are thousands of models found in the market, there are still options that do not really have great quality. This is why you should ensure that you will only acquire a multi-cooker that is truly versatile and is made up of high quality materials that will surely last you a long time.
Our recommendation is the Instant Pot multi-cooker as it has met our requirements on functionality, safety, durability, and versatility. It is simple to use, and thousands of satisfied customer reviews attest to how this innovation has made their cooking journey much better. But, of course, it is always important to review your actual needs and specifications before you make a final choice. The best multi-cooker, at the end of the day, is the one that can tick all the boxes on your requirement list.