Many people, especially women, spend a lot of effort in hairstyling because they know the result will be worth it. However, one should use the best equipment to make this task quick and easy. Here is the list of the top 10 of the best automatic hair steam curlers for 2020, which each carefully reviewed for your guidance.
1. Best Value for Money: HYFZY Automatic Steam Hair Curling Wand
Editor’s Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
- Easy Operation – The hair will be automatically sucked into the curling chamber made of ceramic material. Every strand will be gently held and gets heated evenly, giving an effortless curling style.
- Quiet Motor and Fast Heating – The brushless motor is made professionally for easy curling. It works quietly and quickly. It comes with a 360-degree rotating power cord for better performance.
- Nano-atomization Technology – This feature is integrated to deeply nourish hair for more natural curl. Moreover, it also protects hair from looking dull and dry.
- perfect for all hair types and lengths
- made of eco-friendly alloy
- comes with short circuit alarm protection
- very affordable
- not much-advanced features
2. Best in Advanced Features: Moonike Automatic Steam Hair Curler
Editor’s Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
- 3 Timer Settings With Beep Alarm – This feature lets you adapt to various curling styles for different hair types. These time settings include 8-10-12 seconds, which means 8 seconds equals 4 beeps for loose curls, 10 seconds get 5 beeps which result in soft, curly hair, and lastly, 12 seconds with 6 beeps for more defined hair curls.
- Improved Pre-heating Effect – This feature applies advanced technology for tangle-free and effortless hairstyling experience. Pre-heating effect before use lets you curl and style hair quicker and simpler with more impressive results than blow-dryers and traditional wands. When set in place, this curler automatically draws your hair into the ceramic-lined chamber and holds them in place until heated through.
- LCD Display – This hair steam curling iron comes with an LCD display, which is specially designed for easy reading of settings and temperature. Upon turning on your curler, its LCD display will show temperature, curl direction, and time settings. You can adjust these settings based on your hair type and desired style.
- Ion Generator – It is provided to make hair cuticles smoother while getting rid of frizz.
- Curling Iron Wand – This feature is designed for moisturizing and nourishing with the help of steam mist, which results in shiny, glossy hair.
- 30-second heat up and reaches up to 230 degrees
- Best for all hair types and different curling styles
- Easy to use
- Can be a bit pricey
3. Easiest to Use: YITRUST Automatic Steam Curling Iron (Ceramic)
Editor’s Rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars
- Timer Settings and Audio Beep Indicators – This hair steam curling iron has 3 different settings that create different curls. The longer the hair stays inside its curling chamber, the better the curls achieved. For example, 12 seconds in the curl chamber is equivalent to 6 beeps, which results in more defined hair curls.
- Auto Rotation – Auto rotating hair steam curler releases negative ions as well as high far-infrared heat to obtain gentle and fast curling without leaving the hair dry and damaged. The steam works by sealing moisture for beach wave effects on curls. The presence of titanium is for heat transfer and durability.
- More Natural or Uniform Finish – The curl direction is innovatively designed to give a natural and uniform finish. By pressing the button “R/L”, it ensures that each curl goes towards the face. The auto setting button “A” is for a natural look that alternates the direction in each curl.
- Works as described
- Fun and easy to use
- Long-lasting curls
- It takes time to practice for great results
4. Most Affordable: MiraQueen Steam Curling Iron
Editor’s Rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars
- Precision Styling – Uses brushless motor for professional results.
- Highest Heat Level – You can set the heat up to 450 degrees F as the maximum heat level. This way, you can achieve long-lasting waves and curls.
- Tourmaline Ceramic Technology – This type of technology integrated with the MiraQueen steam curling wand is intended for reducing flyaways and frizz. At the same time, it helps protect hair from being damaged.
- Excellent customer service
- Perfect curls in minimal effort
- Minor issues on time settings
5. Best in Convenience: Doosl Automatic Hair Steam Curling Wand
Editor’s Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars
- LED Display – Doosl Automatic Steam Curling Wand uses led display to keep the user informed if the device is ready, and it is easy to read as well.
- Brushless Motor – With this brushless motor, it is easier to achieve a perfect look as desired. You can have short curls or beach waves effect that lets you create different looks every day.
- Nano-atomization technology – This feature helps nourish hair to make it look lively and smooth. It also helps reduce dullness and frizz.
- Sturdy construction
- Highly durable
- Silent operation
- malfunction issues
6. Best in Functionality: Kealive Automatic Steam Curler
Editor’s Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars
- Steam and Spray – This feature is used to prevent hair damage, and the water tank should have sufficient water before using it to create steam. Since the steam comes in bursts, it becomes more effective when relaxing and curling even the coarsest and frizziest hair.
- XL Digital LCD Screen – This advanced LCD screen is used for precise control. It accurately reveals the details such as working and spray status, time, curl direction, heat, and temperature. There are four temperature settings for various hair thickness levels. These include 355 degrees F (180 degrees C), 375 degrees (190 degrees C), 410 degrees F (210 degrees C), and 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). There are also four-time settings – 0, 8s, 10s, and 12s. They come with an audio beep indicator provided for small and big waves.
- Specialized Design – To achieve shiny, glossy hair, this automatic steam hair curler comes with an auto shut off. It works when the chamber has too many strands, which prevents tangles or burning your hair. It has a beep indication that wanrs you when you are at risk of burning your hair.
- Ceramic – This type of material heats more evenly compared with other metal forms. It is known to have a slippery surface, which means you can prevent tearing and less tugging on hair. As a result, you get frizz-free and shiny curls in just one pass.
- Auto Power Off Protection – This steam curler has integrated automatic shutdown protection that activates as you put too much hair in it. You just need to pull out the hairs before restarting the machine.
- Extra Accessories – The Kealive box comes with a cleaning brush, 2 clips designed to separate hair, and a little bottle (for putting extra steam water).
- Comes in a lovely box making it perfect for gifts
- Fast delivery and perfect packaging
- Best for short and long hair types
- Curls hair in seconds
- Costly than regular steam hair curlers
7. Most Convenient to Operate: Breett Automatic Ceramic Curling Iron
Editor’s Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars
- Nano-Titanium Ceramic Chamber – This feature has been designed for more convenient operation. This ceramic curling chamber takes good care of hair and heated evenly for the effortless, perfect curl.
- Curl Direction Control – Works to achieve natural or a uniform finish on every curl.
- Powerful Heating – The heating system for this steam curling wand lets you use this device in seconds, and it also comes with ultra-fast heat recovery features.
- Rotary Power Cord – This power cord rotates 360 degrees to achieve precise curls.
- Silent Imported Motor – The manufacturers have used a brushless motor that works quietly and professionally.
- Works well for different hair types and length
- Elegant design
- Works quietly
- Can be cumbersome to use
8. Best in Extra Features: LUCKYFINE Spray Steam Hair Curling Iron
Editor’s Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars
- Cool Mist Steam Technology – This steam hair curler applies cool mist technology for full-balanced polarization between heat and mist. At the same time, it efficiently moisturizes hair from its roots to tip. It can prevent the occurrence of split-ends while minimizing damages brought by the hair’s curing process.
- Advanced Ceramic Coating – This ceramic coating comes with tourmaline that produces negative ions and counteracts with positive ions found in damaged or dry hair. As a result, it helps hold moisture into hair while reducing frizz.
- Anti-Winding 360-Degree Swivel Cable – This swivel cable design includes dual voltage with 100 to 240 V (50 to 60 Hz), which allows worldwide use.
- Huge Barrel – There is an extra 1.25-inch (32 millimeters) barrel, which is big enough for creating beautiful, natural waves and curls. It works on both thin and thick hair types and effortlessly creates amazing hairstyles.
- Automatic Indicator Lights – With these five indicator lights, using Luckyfine Hair Steam Curler is easier because of the additional protection setting. It stops heating automatically once the indicator lights glitter as a reminder if there is product failure when styling hair. Moreover, it also shuts off automatically when it is idle for 45 minutes.
- HydraCare Technology – Another advanced feature of this hair curler is the integration of HydraCare technology for 62 percent less damage when styling.
- Steam Spray Function – This cold spray function works by locking in moisture. It also effectively repairs damaged hair, such as split ends. Furthermore, it has a blue light indicator. To use, just hold the button for three seconds.
- The heating period takes less than 30 seconds only
- holds curls for a long time
- the item may arrive damaged sometimes
9. Best in Professional Use: MENQANG Automatic Ceramic Hair Steam Curler
Editor’s Rating: 3.8 out of 5 stars
- Three Time Patterns – Select from 8 seconds, 10 seconds, or 12 seconds patterns that come with audio buzzing instruction. Each setting can produce a different curling effect. The longer your hair stays in the curling area, the better curls you get. However, it varies based on your hair type.
- Rapid Curls – Choose from three distinct curling mode options for rapid prototyping. It means that you can get back to work and even on business trips easily without going to hair salons for styling.
- Spray Curler – Hair will be replenished without the risk of damaging other significant factors in maintaining beautiful hair. Unlike traditional heating curl products, they can cause damage. This spray curler gives benefits to your scalp and nourishes your hair as well.
- Quick styling and curling with salon-like results
- Long-lasting curls
- Easy to use
- Need further practicing before knowing the technique
10. Best in Portability: MKBOO Automatic Hair Steam Ceramic Curling Wand
Editor’s Rating: 3.8 out of 5 stars
- Lightweight and Portable – This automatic steam hair curling iron is made of smooth and lightweight materials, making it so easy to use and very handy. It has a 360-degree swivel cord as well as lockable plates making this hair styling device perfect for travels.
- Dual PTC Heater – This feature is equipped to get rid of frizz, and it heats up in just one minute.
- 3D Tooth Comb – The presence of 3D tooth comb works by dispersing hair evenly to obtain impressive results that cannot be achieved in traditional hair curling options.
- 3 Temperature Levels and 3 Timer Settings – Regardless of your hair type, this automatic steam curling ironwork for you. With the three-timer setting and three-level temperature features, you can choose how this curling device should take effect based on your desired style. The temperature level can be adjusted from 374 degrees F (190 degrees C) to 446 degrees F (230 degrees C.
- Nano Titanium Ceramic – The barrel of the curling chamber is composed of Nano Titanium ceramic material that protects hair against further damage and frizz.
- Professional Hair Styling Iron – This curler works for thin, thick, wavy, and curly hair types. It works like you just come from the hair salon. You can curl, style, and increase the volume of your hair while at home.
- Very easy to use
- Curls hair quickly
- The tendency to get hair stuck when there’s too much hair in the curling room
Understanding What Automatic Curling Iron Is
Automatic hair curlers are just like a hair straightener. The only difference is that they are designed with a round structure at their end. It opens out once the V-shape plate started operating as well. With an automatic steam hair curler, your hair will be placed inside a chamber. It has a curling function button that gently pulls your hair inwards. Then, it auto shuts down when it has already created the curls.
Some specific brands use timer switch settings, so you do not have to count or estimate how long it takes to curl your hair.
Aside from ceramic, titanium and tourmaline materials for curling irons, there are also gold-plated irons which are designed for thick and coarse hair types. Furthermore, the gold irons can emit high and quick heat evenly.
When it comes to heat setting, every kind of steam hair curler has a variety of heat levels. If you have fine hair, take care of it by using a low heat setting. Do not forget to use a heat protectant prior to curling. Do not maximize the heat beyond 450 degrees to prevent damaging your hair.
Everyone has different hair goals. This is the reason why you must carefully select the best automatic steam curler that works best for you.
Important Features to Look For When Buying Automatic Hair Steam Curlers
You will find numerous steam curling irons online and in local stores. For this reason, you must learn and understand the entire process of picking the perfect item that meets your needs and standards. So, here are the things you must check before buying for this type of curling iron.
Your Hair Type
Determining the length and type of your hair is the first step in the selection of your automatic hair steam curling iron. Is it short, medium-length, or long? Is it frizzy or oily? Could it be thick, thin, coarse, or soft?
Asking yourself these questions is important because it will save you time, money, and energy in choosing from various items. It will be a waste of time complaining about the condition of your hair. The best thing to do is to select something that will soon become a part of your regular hair care regimen.
If you are a busy person, automation is the second most essential feature to look for. It is because you only need to provide minimal help to make it work. All you have to do is put your hair in place on this machine. Then, the rest of the job will be done in a couple of seconds.
However, this fantastic work is not free. Expect that the item with his powerful feature is quite costly, but works efficiently as desired.
When choosing hair steam curlers, you will find out that different brands may have different materials used. These can be tourmaline, ceramic, or titanium. Tourmaline is best for preventing frizzy hair. The titanium helps in achieving long-lasting curls, but you want to get it done as quickly as possible. Lastly, ceramic is the most common material used in curling iron. It is also the most preferred type by many hairstylists. It offers an incredible styling approach and a healthy solution for all types of hair.
The overall design of your steam hair curler may also affect your choice. You do not want to have complex designs that compromise the product’s portability, ease of use, and ergonomic features. One may have a stunning or appealing design from the outside, but when you hold it, this is too heavy for you. Find the steam hair curler that guarantees long-lasting perfect curls, but not tricky to use.
Safety Tips When Using Hair Steam Curling Iron
When using these products, you must be responsible for assembling, storing, and using them. There are some things you should remember for safety considerations:
Buy the Right Product
If ever you wish to curl and style damp hair, see to it that you are using the most appropriate type of steam hair curler. Find one that can support curls even when the hair is damp.
Frequently Filling in the Water
You may be curious about how this curling wand works when there is no distilled water. Well, it is best not to know. Never think of trying this at home because it will cause serious damage.
Always remember to apply or use heat protection spray before curling up your hair. Do this before using the curling iron to prevent damages in the future.
Getting Rid of Heat-Catching Elements
Put away any object that draws to heat easily. Make sure you do this before getting started.
Switching Off The Curling Iron After Use
Do not get too excited after you have your curly hair done beautifully. The tendency is that you forget to turn off your steam curling iron. It can pose a threat when this thing remains in such a state.
Let It Cool Down and Keep It in a Safe Area
After using, let it completely cool down. Then, store it in a safe area where you can easily find it.
For fast, easy, and convenient shopping of your new automatic hair steam curler, make sure you write down your requirement lists. Among these ten hair steam curlers reviewed above, it shows that Luckyfine Spray Steam Hair Curler. It is because this item offers necessary features in a good curling iron at an affordable price.
However, if you cannot spend so much on a curling iron, you can have MiraQueen Steam Curling Iron. It works just fine at a very affordable price. It works well if you do use it occasionally, even when you are in the comfort of your home.